Monday 2 January 2006

Suspense of "Proms" revealed...

Hi guys, this is the story behind "prom"s(my last blog!). I was cleaning up my book-shelf 2 days back, when I got this hard-backed blue notebook. I was going to throw away, when I sat and read thru the slightly yellowish pages...some 10-15 poems (or u can call them "proms"),  all dated 1992-1996. Only 2 were English, rest were all in my native language malayalam. So now u guessed the author?????? Me....(Aravind, only you guessed it rite!!!!!, hats off!!! )

And I don't even remember,  how I wrote this, at least in this fashion!!!!

Now I don't have any poetic "thing" left, so I don't read or write poems.  When I showed this to my friend durga , who writes good poems she says "Its true that the style is not 'poetic' enough. But it possess a very unique quality. I can see the heart!!!"(she's a good friend, wont hurt me...LOL!!!) so, I just put it in my blog...

 

This is the second one, from the blue-book!

 

I have fallen into the busy route of life,

I have started summing up my balance sheet

I don't have the time to sit back and think

To juts wonder about the beautiful world

To just think about love,dream and affection

I have started pushing my way through the crowd

I don't have the time to stop and gaze

At all the marvellous things of God

But I know He is the only one

Who is consistent and true

For He has never deserted me even when I did

I cried till my heart melted

When I realized my own stupidity

When others refused for a commitment

Then I knew, truths were not truth at all

It was more than enough, when earth under me slipped away

Then there I found Him comforting me

He asked me to stop patching-up

For all those which were not my faults

He asked me to go straight, shoulders up towards Him,

Now I find truth, I feel His power

It is so constant for He is always at my cry

He is so true, for I've found so many masks by now!!!!

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Swathi, thanks first complement in this new year,Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how…We guess. We may be wrong, but we have to take chances since Practical observation commonly consists of collecting a few facts and loading them with guesses.

    finally both ur Poems r good, keep it up, swathi have faith on ur self, realize ur strenghts, u can still write some more good poems coomon ur next blog should be the poem wat u have written at 28 years and that too today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I had a feeling when I read the first "prom" that its author may be yourself... but i dint wanted to make any wild guesses! But I always knew that the emotional strength which you possess rt now, might have grown in you from your childhood! Keep it up, it was a good "prom"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good poems...
    I see lot of hidden talent in you,
    Keep up the spirit and wishing you
    to come up with more poetry with
    Italian back drop,this year..

    Good Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O my gosh! I didn't expect such response...thanks a lot!!! Hmmm was I a child prodigy?(LOL)

    Aravind-----I don't think I can write poems any more. We r very sensitive when we r kids, so at that time experiences leads to creativity. I am not so sensitive anymore. But I wont say NO, I will try !!

    Aswathy----thanks!!! About my emotional strength this is what durga says " that which is fire-born, wont feel sun-burn", which is a translated saying in malayalam ("theeyil kuruthathu veyilathu vaadilla").ha...ha..ha
    Note: durga is my frnd for past 5 yrs and aswathi is my cousin (more like a friend)

    Chandra----thanks!! Will try to write poem, cos for me it will be a very BIG try!! Lol
    -swathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. swathi it was a surprise.those are very nice and i wonder how u stopped writing.i too ask you to write more.will b looking for more such kinda proms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice when u read your own writings after a long time....Good If you want to post anything to yourself in the future write letter in www.futureorg.com It will be on your mail box the day u want to see in the future

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he he ....even my first thought was that it must be urs....then i wrote something stupid........now i think even i can write poem....or at least lyrics for the indian films songs( see those stupid songs coming now a days).....well hats of for that young poet...do u have pic of that cute kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm.I am confused.I can't say which one is better .Ur poem or ur mind.Boths are par excellance.U are so refined now.But this poem shows the real u ie the basic character.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pradeep, came, tanvi...thanks alot...
    rohit...i dont have her photo, at that age,sorry!!
    chanakya....thanks..yea, i was very raw,then..not even completely refined now,still on the process of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another SWATHI THIRUNNAL?
    I wish it come true

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...