Wednesday 11 January 2006

Have u ever thanked GOD???


Have u guys ever thanked God at least once in a while, for making you normal? For giving u four functional limbs, for giving u eyes, ears and body organs that can actually work??? For making u walk,talk,eat,dress,on ur own?? I never used to thank Him even once, for that. Like most of us, who take Gods gifts as granted, I too was busy complaining to Him, what the hell he made out of my life. May be, I became so nagging, that He taught me how important and blessed one shud be to have a normal body and mind.

 

It came to me one day, as a minor fall from hostel steps. I stood up and was soon busy with my work. The pain increased and pestered me, while I never bothered it. I went to office normally, worked, only difference was that I was unable to pick any things from the floor. The third morning when I opened my eyes, I found that my body part beyond my neck was in tearing pain and I was unable to move an inch on my own. I cudnt even talk cos even that force caused shooting pains thru my whole body. My room mate was shocked seeing me, called my parents and I was rushed to hospital. The pain tore my body and I wanted to scream. But I cant even scream, cos even that effort of mine made my pain worse.

 

Doctor told that I had a very bad disc injury which might have even affected my nerves. I was put to complete bed rest for 1 month. I cudnt talk, nor cudnt even move my neck. I lay in bed, facing ceiling cos I was unable to change my position in bed. As the pain-killers I ate in tons, made me extremely thirsty, my mom had put a bottle of water near me. My dad put a calling-bell near my bed,for me to press, when I needed anything. One day I felt very thirsty, I tried to reach calling-bell, it slipped away....I tried to reach that water bottle..but I cudnt get hold of it. I was like a statue facing ceiling, while my hands fumbled to get hold of bottle. But it rolled away..I cudnt call amma, cos that much force from me would cause terrible pain..I cudnt cry cos, even that was diffclt...I lay there, like a statue, with my eyes on ceiling, tears flowing and begging in my mind for a drop of water. After 1 hr when amma came to check me, she saw me like this, and was shocked!! She gave me water...and after that every 15 mts my mom or dad would check me.

 

But I would never forget in my life that 1 hr when I lay like a statue, unable to cry, begging for a drop of water. I understood then how invaluable ur mobility is, for which I have never given value at all. After that 1 month , I cudnt continue with my normal life. In fact, I forgot what my usual mobility was. My bed rest extended from 1 month to 4 months. After 4 months, one day when I tried to walk through streets, I found that I walk even slower than a 95 yr old frail man. Next it was counseling to cope up with my new state of body. It was difficult for me to accept that my pain would never go away permanently. But after 2 yrs, I accepted that truth. Now I can do everything I did once, but in a controlled way. I adapted to my new body state. At the very first signs of pain, now, I have to go to bed.

 

But I thanked God like I have never thanked, when I first started walking w/o pain for 5 mts. I thanked Him, when I could sit for 15 mts w/o pain. I thanked Him when could I eat on my own, when I could bathe on my own, when I could dress on my own!!!!  I understood how ungrateful I was to Him, when I enjoyed my normal body and cribbed ABT silly things.I understood, how would a physically handicapped person would feel! I thanked God 100000 times for making me walk again, talk again, dance again, and for making me normal again(of course with a lot of carefulness!!!)

Now I don't cry over my loss. But I am extremely thankful to God for my body with which I can function w/o depending on others. Everyday I thank God, for His blessings. Now, I never take anything for granted, cos I know if I do, I wont know its values unless I lose it!!!

12 comments:

  1. WE NEED TO DO THIS EVER DAY SO GOOD FOR YOU PRAISE GOD

    ReplyDelete
  2. .. god is great ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy moments, praise God.
    Difficult moments, seek God.
    Quiet moments, worship God.
    Painful moments, trust God.
    Every moment, thank God.

    I repeated this comment in many blogs...
    I like this comment immensly !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should thank God, for everything he has given. But most of us are greedy. We want more and more and always blame him

    ReplyDelete
  5. God i adore you,
    God i believe you,
    God i love you,
    God i thank you....
    Thank you everything you have given to me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ENOCH, DIWAKAR --- u r very true!
    CHANDRA--thanks for the poem, i have made it byheart!!
    MADHOO--thanks,dear!
    RAKHU---thank u,!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God.. who is that? male ? female? or a super power.. (I am still awaiting answer for this?) .. as i know there is a god in every human.. good is god.. god is good.. i cant thank sombody whom i dont know.. i never saw or feel... i dont even know will my thank reach him or not.. so..i just pray god hoping for better.. i thank my mom and dad for giving me birth and making me a good human.

    ~Ravi~

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah we should thank him for everything he has given to us,i daily pray for him for giving me another day to see and to guide me thru the day,when i see any blind or crippled people i praise god for making me perfect and for evrything he gave

    ReplyDelete
  9. If God is with us then who can be against us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ravi----ur comment stands out!!
    praveen----good!
    pradeep---one of my best friends used to write ur comment in all my notebooks, while were at college! u reminds me of him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aum. Purnamadha Purnamidham
    Purnat Purnamudhachyide
    Purnasiya Purnamadaya
    Purnameva Avashishiyate
    Aum. Shantih Shantih Shantih.
    Yes Swathi I always thanks to God.
    Now I am thanks to God for you and your blog it’s really great and you are really talented with write something and blessed with the great sense of humor.
    Thank God
    With love and prayer Ajayi

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...