Sunday 1 April 2007

It happened to be like this....


Dearest friends, the last blog was one written one month back, when I had time. And I don’t think I will be blogging for a while. I can’t sit and type, is the main reason. 4 yrs back, on 27 Sep, 2003, I had a chronic disc injury, on my left side. My mobility was less than 30% then. Actually I was in terrible pain for 1 week even before that, but my parents didn’t think that it was that serious. They thought that it was just a sprain. When neighbors came to my house hearing my screams , they took me to an orthopedic surgeon who told them that I had my 5th and 6 th discs completely injured with repetitive minor injuries, which might have started years before...he could actually see the bulge even through my skin.

Now, after 4 years, 5 doctors, 2 spinal injections, I haven’t done much better. But now, I have adapted myself. But there are at times, when work (office and home) demands more, my mind races faster than my body’s pace and push it so hard that it finally revolts. My inflammation gets worse, when I sit, when my upper body weight presses against the injured discs. That’s when the inflammation doesn’t even get a chance to cure.

In my last 2 offices, I used to lie down after every hr of sitting. Here I haven’t told any one about it. So, I use lumbar support belt, (which may cripple me, in the long run).

I have to reduce time sitting and standing and spend more time, lying down in a flat surface, in order not to make things worse. I can blog later, but if I ignore this cry of my discs, then from experience I know that it will cost me a lot.

So, until I can sit and type and read without ‘much’ pain….

a short good -bye…..

praying that it will be only for a short time…

Love you lotsssss,

Swathi


latest: on bed rest for 1 week.

Text Link Ads

36 comments:

  1. Hei Swathi.

    Poor poor ickle you with all that trouble with the back!
    Take your time and do get better and as well as can be.
    Big HUGGIZ from Rii xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon... and do take good care of urself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Swathi!! (((((((HUGS))))))))) Take all the rest you need Molu and get better!! God bless! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Swathi,
    Get well soon!!!take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, just rest, and follow medical advice to the T. The blogs can wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take good care of yourself Shwathi.... ummmaa..ummma...

    Loads of luv,
    Arfie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((Hugs))) Take Care of urself Swathi...Gell Well Soon...Nothing is Imp than Health...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear.... take care... and go to doc and do something to reduce the pain... Take sick leave if necessary from work or try working from home using a projector (thats what my old boss used to do... project the screen to somewhere high in wall as he was having neck problem).

    Take care... My prayers with you...

    AM *worried*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be well my friend.
    We all will wait.
    Wish you a speedy recovery & hope to see you soon.

    Take care. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please take rest Swathi..my prayers and wishes are always with you. Get well soon and get back here..we need you here.

    Loads n loads of love. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Swathi,, sad to hear about your back.. .hope u get well soon ...
    and expecting to see back in action soon.

    GET WELL SOON

    ReplyDelete
  12. take care swathi... my prayers are there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww take care swat daalin. I cant force you to stay back inspite of ur pain. but for sure ill miss u and ur blogs. So take good care and come back when ure completely alright. Mah prayers for you. lub ya and muah ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((huggyyyyy))))))))))))))))))))))

    Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear ur back's troubling u again, dear... I klnow how much u've suffered with it in Kerala. Will pray 4 ur speedy recovery. Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oops!! thatz the reason for the profile pic?
    get well soon Swathi...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care & take plenty of rest ,dear.I read this after I placed a comment on your page.I am praying you get well soon .And thank you for asking about Rohit when you yourself are in so much pain.He is much much better now.Take care & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. take rest, i dunno if you've done this but i hear those magnetic belts can be ofhelp as an aunt of mine used it once when she had slipped disc.
    a friend's mom had slipped disc too but after two months rest and proper diet an excercise she was up and running again.

    wishing you all the best for your speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  18. Take care and take rest...Get well soon....

    ReplyDelete
  19. **Hugs** Take care of yourself and hope you're feeling better soon. **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hye buddy... you gonna be fine sooooooooooon..
    dont worry... i am sure once u are back.. will get to see you full in action.
    will pray for you..
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish you get well, Swathi. Take care of yourself first - all the other things will come after. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Take care Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Take rest and dont exert youself unless absolutely necessary. You'll be all right soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awww...I hope you feel better soon....(((hugs)))Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh..Swat..sorry...tto..
    Main toh tumse bahut naaraaz thaa..
    Nyways get well soon buddy...
    with love..
    Rohith...

    ReplyDelete
  26. wishing you the best.. hope you feel well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. sorry to hear about your painful experience. Take good care and get better asap.

    I wish I cud share even half of your pain... The back pain generally is so killing and with inflammation, I can imagine how unbearable it can be.

    I'll pray for your well being... and Plz take care.
    wish you speedy recovery dear.

    ReplyDelete
  28. take care da:)
    get well soon.................

    ReplyDelete
  29. Swathi,
    health comes first... Y360 can wait for you... Hope you do get better soon. Sending you lots of good wishes and hugs. Take care....

    Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  30. Get well soon dear friend. I also suffer from back pain, but it is not as chronic as yours. Give good rest to your back and come back with a bang! :).

    Wishing you good health!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh no!
    Get well soon and take all the rest that you need.

    ReplyDelete
  32. take care dear !

    ReplyDelete
  33. I understand as i have had surgery on my 4th.and 5th. disk....they are now fused.....but the scar tissue from the surgery is causing nerve damage in my legs. VERY PAINFUL Take care luv.....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh gosh... hope you're feeling better now. Be praying for your speedy recovery..!

    Take care, dear. Rest well..!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  36. take care swathi.........

    Bless u

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...