Friday 2 June 2006

Prayers at school


This was my morning prayer in our school...


I sang it w/o knowing the meaning  for 5 yrs


and w/o bothering to know the meaning for next 5 yrs...


DAILY..............


and now i wanted to know the meaning of it, after 13 yrs, since i last sang it!!!


Father, we thank thee for the night,
and for the pleasant morning light;
for rest and food and loving care,
and all that makes the day so fair.

Help us to do the things we should,
to be to others kind and good;
in all we do, in work or play,
to grow more loving every day.


 


Prayer before Lunch


-----------------------------------


Guardian Angel From Heaven So Bright


Watching beside me to lead me aright


Fold thy wings round me O guard me with love


Softly sing songs to me Of heav'n above


....and this was my school :    Holy Angels Convent School

5 comments:

  1. Its never too late... :)

    Its a gud habit to pray :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah !..same with me too !..never knew what the prayer meant ...the prayer was like
    " thamasoma jyothirgamaya
    Mrythyoma amrutham gaya
    ........."

    many a things that we do unknowingly in our childhood like these !..when we seek out the meaning later in life !....you feeel like you did much much more than you thought you did !...

    Take care ..waiting for your next array of snaps !...
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers.....it means lot to me.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. lisa---:-)

    honey---yes..it is.u r right!

    cheeeze---yea ur right in "....you feeel like you did much much more than you thought you did !..." even today every morning i wake up with folded hands in prayer,towards right side of the bed, a mechanical gesture taught by mom when i was 1 yr old.....and thanks alot for ur encouragement....its always good to have a passion, other than career...

    anu---yes, and it means a life to me...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...