Saturday 3 June 2006

Salthill Beach --Galway

 


Galway---westeren most part of Europe


 


DSC00542


This beach doesnt have any waves touching the shores...(i dont know why)


 


DSC00541


These rocks have mussels growing in it in large number...naturally....


DSC00536


The sea almost looks like a river, w/o a wave....the island u see on the back ground is Arran Island.


DSC00532


Among the black weeds that u see on the rocks there are live mussels ...


DSC00528


Mussels thousands in number are seen on these rocks....


DSC00517


This creek (dont know its name, was on Oranmore, on my way to Salthill)


 


DSC00523

A smoothies bar in Oranmore (just posed for the photo! ;-)


DSC00522


On the park, before Oranmore town centre...(again just posing...)


.....next trip is on tomorrow...if the weather is sunny, may be I can be a natural photographer, again!!!

12 comments:

  1. And ur hubby says that you donno much abt photography !....hmmmmm.....daivame !.....Ireland is crawling up the charts in my " TO GO " list ..thanks to ya !....May be its the camera and the place .....Nice snaps !....

    Take care
    Manu !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey cheeze, thanks alot..u commented almost immdtly after i posted... and my hubby read it also! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. all lovely pics. Thank u Swathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful pictures of Ireland,and especially the mussels, I had never seen them like that in their natural habitat before. Ireland is beautiful, reminds me of my home- Newfoundland. Thanks Swathi.
    Cheers,
    Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Photographs... Seems now photography becoming your passion... :) Mussels one is good
    I am waiting for your next post ... and wishing that weather there will be sunny so that we may able to se some more beautiful snaps... :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always take such great pics. Nice eye. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photography

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Swati, I guess the water must be cold. Didnt see a pic of your hubby though? Lols. Whats a smothie bar?

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice pic...i love 3rd one....

    ReplyDelete
  10. boootiful.
    keep posting more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sekhar-----thanks to u, for visiting my pge and commenting.

    Trupti----welcome to my page!! ireland is very beautiful, esp in the sun, which is very rare here.i have also never seen mussels in their natural habitat before....Newfoundland!!! so u r N.American?? I have heard it as a very beautiful place...

    rinku---thanks alot...weather was sunny and i have 75 snaps with me. some i posted. some i have put it in my yahoo album.

    lisa---(blush) thanks dear...

    prakash---thank you for visiting my page and thanks for the comment!

    jacob---water was cold(for me!). But there were alot of kids in the beach. I was wearing sneakers and we wanted to take the bus back(2 hr jrney)...so didnt get into water. ;-(

    My hubbys pic is there in my album..u can see it....in blogs, i usually post nature pictures.....
    Smoothies are milk shakes mixed with fruit juices.Here, bar doesnt mean our 'indian bar'. Alcohol shops are usually called 'off license' shops!

    anu--thanks dear!!!

    prasanth--oh! u r back! and thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...