Sunday 4 June 2006

Cliffs of Moher---Part 1

The Cliffs of Moher & The Burren Way - Part I


Thanks guys alot for all ur wishes and encouragement. The weather was sunny, and I got very good views. As I have nearly 75 photos in today's tour I will break  it up into different parts and post it in coming blogs...


DSC00665

These are the cliffs of Moher, right side view....


DSC00667

The Burren valley...with cows grazing along with sheep....


DSC00664


This I took it, from the very edge of the cliff (they havent provided any barricade!!)



DSC00657


My husband took this, with cliffs on background....the ocean is just behind me, one step deeep....down !!!


DSC00655


Another view....


DSC00622


An old castle on the way....The guide told us the name. But I dont remember. Ireland is filled with castles. Even Athlone has a castle near our home, which was built in some 16th century.


DSC00639


The green valley meets the ocean in the horizon, (on the way to the cliffs)


DSC00635


The green grass and  yellow flowers extending for acres, meeting the blue ocean and blue horizon, the view was wonderful!!


 


DSC00630

The small village down the valley near the ocean....


.....(contd in next blog ...)


note: i dont have a proper camera. this is my sony ericsson v800 mobile phone camera.


20 comments:

  1. All are Beautiful. I would like to see more castles if you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..Swathi, absolutely beautiful pics...you know, Ireland is very similar to Newfoundland..with its lush valleys, seascapes and cliffs. Keep them coming..I have always wanted to come to Ireland..this is as close as I can get, atleast for now!
    Cheers,Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said, always great pics. :-) I'm afraid of heights, so I probably would have fainted if I were that close to the edge... especially with no barricade to save me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. good views again... I love the castle pic... i guess you took that from inside the Car with close window... reflection are seen there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics as always Swathi :)... exiting :)

    btw u r tagged :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics, Swathy. But dont take such risks of going near the edges etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....kool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its the Leamaneh Castle !.....isn't it ???

    And the pics are too good as usual !...seems like ur hubby finally accepted the fact !....IRELAND has crawled to the top in my list !..with these pics !...they are just awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swathi, it all looks soooo beyoootiful! Wonderful pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. moreover like water colour paintings...nice collections. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breattakingly beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice pictures swathi

    ReplyDelete
  13. all r too good.....this time..i love all of them.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. U your blog is fast becoming a grand foto journal..
    Keep at it..gr8 snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Swathi, The photos are very good. Infact I my being an amature photographer, I got to learn a lot from your photo's. Thank you very much for sharing your photo's.May I know which Camera you have used.
    Take care.
    Karthik.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Baeutiful pictures!! Very scenic and pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. great pics.... wonderfully taken.....and thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely pics .. mind blowing considering ur camera was a mobile camera ;)
    great looking forward to some more great pics from you :)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your camera shoots nice pictures !!! Lovely pics..

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful!... feel like coming to ireland.thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...