Tuesday 20 June 2006

The vails of a confused DESI driver..


ImageFor past 1 month, i was sitting at my desk in MARCONI- G8(ok,now thats the way here all cabins are named, after all those telecom guys!!!), swatting flies Image(or you can say counting minutes, as flies are rare in ireland). And suddenly the work load dropped into my head yesterday like a bolt (a very heavy one) from the blue.Now all my team mates are also gropping in the dark, which doesnt make me and them any different (lol, and i have been thinking that i am the only dumb one, here!). Isnt it a good feeling that u have company, who are as ignorant as u r or may be more than u..Image


I was debugging and chatting (as part of multitasking) when i suddenly bumped into one fix which we were chasing for a while (to be precise which was chasing us ), and imagine what!!! i was stuck till 9 pm here..Image Yeeeekkk.... Is this the reward for "working"???? if i had sat idle and just ignored the fix pass in front of my eyes...(he he he.. Sometimes i do that..Image..) i would have been in better situation... I reached home at 9:30 pm and my dear hubby was waiting for me (he is on leave this whole week... So its complete role reveral for us... I come late and he is there waiting for me.. Wow.. What a pleasure!!! and yesterday he cooked too...Image). I must call my mom and tell her this... I wonder if she ask my dad to do this for her...


This is the advantage of being in a foreign place, alone. Hubbies have less ego and seem more co-operative than they are in homeland. Image


Tomorrow i have my driving test for provisional license. I dont know anything about all those different road signs that we see here in ireland. Especially the one seen in motorways... There are lots of ways here like freeway, motorway and i dont know what all ways...... India never had these 'n' ways...There everything was "free"-way i suppose.Image


And another thing is seatbelt... The fine here for not wearing seatbelt is 100€... And in india its like "helloo... Anybody knows what a seatbelt is????". I must erase every rule i had in my mind while i drove in india nd claer my mind... Hmmm... Still i cant..Image


Here vehicles always stop for the pedestrians to cross... And they inturn say "thankyou!!"-- which is soooooooooo strange to me. First of all


1) why do the vehicles stop for pedestrians to cross?? (typical indian driver thot!!!!)Image


2) why do the pedestrians say "thankyou" for that???(typical indian pedestrian thot!!!)Image


I am just a confused indian driver trying to sort out irish driving from indian driving:


1)why DONT these ppl blow horn at all even in traffic blocks????


2)why DONT they push smaller vehicles into the kurb??


3)why DO they insert parking fees into the machine slot, even if they park for 5 mts?


4) why DONT they curse at each other when someone overtakes?


5)above all from where do this towing machine comes up?


...Oh...Oh..I am so confused..Tomorrow will tell u whether i passed or failed the exam.. I feel its 10:90 for pass:fail...I am so much used to indian driving... cant blame me...


the pass mark is 35/40 ..ISNT IT SO UNFAIR???


 

10 comments:

  1. Think u shud chill a bit!

    All d Best for d Test (n even too come out of all bugs) :)

    (Parking fees is now a very common thing in Hyd!!!
    U will hear horns in Hyd only in very rushy road else its very silent!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thts why thet are IRISH !....;-)

    That was a nice blog ...and ignore the fix ?....ammma !..veruthayalla Erikson nashtathilodunne
    ! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like down south (North Carolina), only different... passing by people, complete strangers, and having them say hello was really strange to us... In New York you don't say hello, let alone look at anyone, unless you know them personally. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh first of all best wishes for ur driving test

    n second the situation in indian traffic has improved a lot n not as bad as u wrote in the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. honey----am really confused... cos i am so much used to the driving in india...and here parking fees is put into the machine slot. they can cheat,if they want, if the parking time is less. but they wont..havent been to hydbad... :-(

    manu---ericsson in loss??? hmm.. just check google once again...LOL. it used to hold 40% of the market, juts before the IT crash in 2000. Now its again growing up, ranked 12 th by Forbes after IBM, motorola and nokia and dell.

    lisa---u r rite.. here elderly ppl behave very friendly..but younger guys are like £%^£$%^%$&.... dont even make eye contact, like newyorkers..

    pradeep---thanks... improved indian traffic???. since 2003, till 2 mths back i have been driving in trivandrum , 60 kms daily to go to office,... may be things are better in other parts of india...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I am back... I am sitting late and reading what all are you upto!

    9.30pm? gal.... you are EARLY! much much EARLY! LOL! Good that your hubby knows good cooking and a considerate gentleman! Kudos to him!

    And welcome to the school of civilized driving! Yep, this is what I usualy mention of... "civilized driving" which took me ages to learn even after I got my license! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. aswathy---nice to see u back..didnt know u were reading...and dear, in india i used to come home at 1 am. here with my hubby arnd, i cant IMAGINE that..(achan was better in that!).. abt driving, 50% of students fail :-)). that will answer my probability , i suppose...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes for your driving test. Do let us know how it went... and finally you made it...!..?

    Honey's right; just relax.. can feel the tautness of your spirit in your words too.!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha i guess u have to get used to that kinda road rules rightaway coz most of the nations follow that... neways all the very best for ur licence exam. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEST WISHES TO YOUR DRIVING TEST MY PRAYER IS W/ YOU....

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...