Monday 26 December 2005

Humor@work


In my workplace we used to have certain self-development workshops called “Chrysallis”. As s/w development is not such an amusing job, this event gave us a chance to unclog our brain. Funny things used to happen there. The aim was to improve communication, etiquette, body language, phone-etiquette etc. But most of us will be dragged from the midst of the coding (it was compulsory!). So even while attending the session most of us will be “mind-compiling” our code, we have to finish next day. One day john and myself were talking about the new shirt he has bought last day (ofcourse w/o our tutor’s permission). I was asking its brand name, cos I knew john loved branded shirts. As we were in class he whispered to me “its Louis Philleppe”. And then the next thing I heard simi who was sitting next to john screaming loud!!!! “what blue-film?”. There was pin-drop silence for 2secs. Me, john and everybody else couldn’t understand what was happening. And simi was there looking shocked. Next moment all blurted out into hilarious laugh. It turned out that as  usual simi was too involved in her “mind-compiling”, that she heard “louis-phillippe” rhymed like “blue-film”. U shud have see her face after that !!!(and john’s too)…while I had one of the best jokes witnessed!!!



8 comments:

  1. very practical one....lol...after reading the blog i was trying to say louis-phillippe, in low voice...its similar to blue film :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud funny incident swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha...
    I coudn't make it sound like Blue Film in low voice too...
    But still it's funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya,that was a good one even though accidental.Nxt time when u r whispering ,1 st write it in a paper & show to Simi or u will be in for more shocks.Can't blame her as pronouncation is "lui phili" when whispered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good practical joke swathi, but Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth - a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Work humours are always very funny without doubt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aravind, u r very true..its the 6th sense that help us to live, actually!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one! Hmmm am wondering wether to to add all funny things that happen to me in my blog!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...