Wednesday 28 December 2005

Have u ever had a nameless relationship?

I had...I met this lady first in my life , when I was in 7th standard(12 yrs old). She was then in her late thirties. She was my language teacher. As I had a natural flair for my native language, she started noticing me in class. Exactly I don't know when she became my mentor. The next thing I notice is that I had a nameless strong relationship with my teacher. I used to read a lot, just to excel in her general essay questions. She never appreciated me in front of me. But other girls used to come and tell me that she always tell about me to them. She used to beat me hard with a cane for even a small mistake I made.She was my teacher till I was in 10th std.

 

I never thot she also felt the same strong affection towards me, till I came to know that she actually asked our headmistress to teach in my class from 7th till 10th. She even used to twist  my ears, till it hurt, for my small mistakes. I studied like hell for her subject. But she would never give me full marks. I remember once I got 49 and three quarter marks out of 50 and got punished by her for losing one quarter marks,for a spelling mistake.

 

My diary was filled with things about her. Everyday I waited to get a glimpse of her. Even I thot I was crazy. It was a mixture of extreme love and respect! I acted very haughtily in front of her and she too looked as if she disliked me in particular.

 

I never saw her after my 10th std. But I had sneaked her address from another girls notebook and kept it all my life. After 2 yrs I sent a letter to her(then only I had the guts to admit my love and respect for her!). And the reply was unbelievable. She actually resigned from my school, after I went. She said she was crazy about me. She couldn't teach there any long w/o me. She told me that she had some feeling that I was related to her in past-birth. She was always thinking about me.

 

After that I used to sent her letters every year, but no reply came. Then after 12 yrs I got a letter from her with her phone nbr. Then I found that 4 yrs back , she had even came to my college hostel, to see me, just after I left college. Our letters were always misplaced. I called her 1 yr back, but the number was changed. I hunted it down and  finally called her.

 

Yesterday I called her again, and she was so happy that she almost cried. Its been 13 yrs since we saw, but I am so surprised how the relationship still remains the same!!!!!! She told me that I am her un-born child. Even her husband knows everything about me. She was so happy that I still treasure her,since my 12th yr!!!. The funny thing is that we have never told to each other about the depth of the bond we share,yet we are so sure about other's feelings.

 

I try to give this relation a name, but I cant....some relationships are better left unnamed!!!!

19 comments:

  1. I beleive in re-birth so i can relate to the story.

    Thanks,
    - Ranjit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some relationships are better left un-named.
    Its good to have such a bond with someone, without giving it some name.
    We always try to give a name to each relationship but there is/are some that can't be named.
    Keep it up and Keep blogging.

    Girish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very lucky...that too thrice ....i can say!!!
    Nice blog swathi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTw answering to your question!!>.....NO...not as lucky as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Human mind,Its beyond every thing.Its nxt to impossible.Difficult,unpredictable.I am really amazed.This blogs of urs.......Really it so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Few relations are really better to be un-named...but u know wot swathi? heart stil compels mind to give a name to the relation...we cant help it...but there is a treasure in evry human relation...good that u recollect them

    ReplyDelete
  7. the thing that amaze me is that i still have the same feeling for her while i was 12(now, i am 28). yrs went on...we didnt change at all!!!!and we have never seen each other for past 13 yrs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. what can i say... i'm speechless..

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree with Ranjit,even i believe in re-birth.when i think deeply abt this odd relation, which was never nurtured, but survived all hindrances, i think the only answer i see is our deep relation in past birth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful..May be u r her soul child. I think u shd call her more often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful relationship swathi.i havent come across such a thing.i too beilieve in re-birth so i go with ranjit and u it mast be some past-birth relation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. madhu,i tried my level hard to give this relation a name, but really i cudnt...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Swathi, it is a nice feeling of ageless bondage .......If u ask me I will give a name for this relationship as "CHANDRA BIMBAM" Meaning shadow(does moon got a shadow???)/or reflection of Moon.......Bcoz...both of you seems to be so cool,vibrant,soothing...and goes into hiding like moon...... not to forget....but to rise and show the (cool)warmth back again.......A big Hi to your teacher from me as well

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know much about rebirths.
    But certainlt I can tell that,when you see some people,
    you feel so comfortable and get a feeling that you know them for years.Some unique chemistry working there...It is very difficult either to explain or name such feelings...It is only to be felt...

    ReplyDelete
  15. chandra u very true. "came",she will never come to know that i wrote abt her(and got so many comments!) unless i tell her, cos she never uses internet!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful and touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yeah,swathi...its better to leave some relationships unnamed!
    i felt so about few people in my life too & never really expressed how i feel about them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Swathi, I am Carl, also a participant in the Remembering Teachers Festival. Yours is quite an unusual, yet interesting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thts great...soo u r an unvorn child living in ireland

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...