Tuesday 5 December 2006

A wedding I missed most!!!!!


And this is the wedding I missed most, while I was in Ireland. That was because, this was the only wedding in which my role as a matchmaker was a success. Now, don’t get me wrong. That is not my profession. (Btw, there is nothing wrong in that profession!!!)
While I was waiting for my visa to join my hubby and didn’t have anything “better” to do, I took this matchmaking as a part-time job and came out with flying colors!!! *claps* *claps* for me!!! See, I am not that bad!! I really can excel in any field I want. After all that was for my (cousin) sister!
I always wondered why every bride looks gorgeous on her wedding day! Even she too…



..and this is the “thali/mangalyasutra” tying ceremony
..and this is ring-exchange..
..and after that hefty ceremony!! (see how relieved both of them are!!!! LOL)
….and now for some fun…..which I missed most….I would have laughed like Kroor Singh, then!!! She couldn’t actually get up on her own, once that heavy garland was on her neck!!! She almost fell from the dias!!
..and look what happened to the groom!!! After 2 hrs of posing for the camera, he almost wanted to throw that away!!! ** kudos.. that is my brother-in-law**
…later both of them swore that the garlands were each more that 5 kg!!! I really don’t know how they managed to keep it on!!!! Cos, on my wedding, I literally threw the garland away, within seconds after it was put on my neck!
Note: sorry for the poor picture quality. I froze the frames from video CD!!! LOL!!!
One Happy Note: I am gonna be an aunt after 6 months!!!Image

23 comments:

  1. Wow, MAtchmaking.... doesn't sound a bad profession, will try it out !!
    good pics, and covering all the riwaaz... Nice knowing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...matchmaking...I know whom I should contact..just in case...:) :)
    Swats......good........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet... She kind of looks like you around the eyes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sweet*

    And those posing for the cameras.... *fearing the inevitable future*

    ReplyDelete
  5. appo samayamavumbo njaan onnu phone cheyyam... nallorale thappi tharane... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aha kollam..appo brocker pani um kayyil undu alle..
    nalla part time job..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Match Making...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, she is gorgeous only on her wedding day huh? Asooya!!!! lol.
    Congratulations for making the perfect match!!! They are lovely couple indeed!!! Great Job!!!

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow thanks for postin this. Me too miss the mallu weddingz.... hehe my own wedding was the last thing that i saw (mallu wedding) Gr8 blog. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the ....moments....still thinking why brides look so beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwwww Now i know who to contact when i wanna marry my Mom off!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She looks very much like u..epecially those eyes

    ReplyDelete
  14. When (if) you get fed of the freezing cold climate at Ireland, you can come back to India... and be a successful entrepreneur!

    Who knows how long the software boom will last? People will keep getting married as long as there are people... so this might turn out into a good ad for you! Already some registrations through....alle?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will get your reward for this matchmaking in six month. Good job Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful success!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats Aunty, oops!!! sorry Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops..that garland is really heavy...Yeah I haven't married so what i donno the weight of the garland ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even she too… :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Interesting!! :-)
    Your cousin looks ravishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Yor cousin looks pretty there....

    And congrats to the would-be-parents and would-be-aunt (that's you)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful photographs - thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. kollallo swathy u also expert in multi jobs...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...