Thursday 21 December 2006

..and still Man Proposes!


Two days back when my husband came, I transformed myself into the best ‘planner’. Especially for the one ‘surprise’ I promised Shail !

Now there is a poster above my computer in the wall facing me. It says ‘Man Proposes…’. I should have been the one who knows the meaning of it more clearly than any one else, mainly because it’s in my ray of vision, 24 *7. But does that make me ‘the enlightened’? No. I am still the same man who ‘proposes’ always, without the slight ‘imagination’ of getting the ‘proposal’ rejected by the Almighty!

Ok…now what happened in simple words!

Day1:

When I woke up, my life-long companion was re-visiting me, after 1 month. Who? Who else, other than ‘The Migraine”. Even after the allowed quantity of Solpadeine, she didn’t want to leave me alone. Great! What else to do, other than succumbing to her wish the whole day! I should be thankful that she didn’t bring her favorites this time, [nausea and vomiting].

Day2:

I woke up when my mom’s weak voice called me, “Can you take me to hospital?” Within no time, dozing away from sleep, I was driving mom to hospital. She was vomiting, with high fever and head ache! She got admitted in hospital, and there while sitting near her bed, my hubby reminded me “swathi, never plan anything ahead so much in detail”

Day2: evening.

When amma got discharged from hospital, I urged achan to buy some take-away food, to avoid cooking. My hubby told me “don’t buy food from outside, we will cook.” But did I care? NO. When I reached home, I was eating the tiny chicken pieces. (of course with my usual carelessness, because I didn’t have the faintest idea of what’s going to happen!).

The next thing I remember is me getting suffocated with a piece of bone stuck in my throat. It was stuck there horizontally. I was suddenly in a state of shock and didn’t know what to do. My husband urged me to calm down first, but I was too shocked and paralyzed with fear. So I screamed. I couldn’t vomit, nor could I swallow. For a whole 5 minutes I stood like that, screaming. Then I pushed my finger into my throat and found the bone. But instead of getting it back, I pushed it more inside. Soon I vomited all over my hubby’s face (!) and I felt better.

I thought that everything was fine. And I ate. After 1 hour, I was trying to drink tea, when I found that I can’t even swallow saliva. When I tried swallowing, torturing pain shot first thru my throat, then to my chest. After that every second, my pain increased and finally I was taken to hospital. There doctor told me that he couldn’t find the bone, but my throat was badly infected and injured. Swelling and inflammation had almost blocked his vision. I was given antibiotics and anti-inflammatory tabs for 5 days. He told, if the pain doesn’t come down, we have to get the bone piece out!

Yesterday I didn’t eat or sleep. And this morning, my pain seems bearable. I hope the inflammation is coming down and the bone stuck is gone!!

Foot note: My hubby slipped his feet and fell from steps, this morning, hurting his back. My dad thinks, somebody is really ‘cursing’ us!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my... this hurts! I dont know about the bone and how you generally eat or do anything of that sort, but a bone stuck in the throat! oh my.. and you vomitted on your hubby's face? as in.. how? well.. were he patient then?

    Seriously speaking, please try and avoid all this bone-related-chicken-stuff. See, its causing you lack of sleep, inflammation and what not. Guess the chicken is cursing you to have cooked it. :D

    Take care. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..Swathi..do take care ....How is ur mom now?and ur hubby..

    Sometimes things dont happen as we plan..Dont worry..Everything will be fine..do take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man... thats some bad reading there.
    hope things get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. janu----yep, i vomitted on my hubbys face...he just wiped it off....cos at that time, every one in our house, were more worried abt my throat!!!

    even my hubby says the chicken must have cursed me to hell!!!



    priya----amma is recovering...hubby, he wont say even if it pains..


    CK---yep, i do hope, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear oh dear oh dear, what a bad week. one afetr another. may be ur dad was right. did u promise anyone anything?!!?? lol
    pls do take care.
    i have the bad luck for staircase. atleast once a year i will fall from staircase.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Swati, this visit to India will truely be memorable. Hope all is well now. Please take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God! you poor kuttoose! ((((((((HUGS))))))))) hope you are feeling better now.. talking about being cursed! The last two weeks was hell for the family.. Daddy's foot was peeling..considering he has diabetics that was a big deal! he was admitted in the hospital for a cleaning. I went there to pay him a visit and I fell down and broke my ankle (hairline fracture with ligament tear and internal bleeding! hated the cast!). Mom has arthritis. The three of us were limping around the house with no help to each other. To make matters worse, I had fever, cold, ear and throat infection and my good leg had to go thru sciatic pains once in awhile! YUCK! Someone really did curse us. Now everybody's fine! hail and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God bless you and your family, Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (((((((((((HUGS))))))))) to see you through!the dificult times!! I must agree with Soph >>this visit to India will truely be memorable<<!!!!!!!
    Hope everything is back to normal now!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. (((Hugs)) for u....really sad to read thsi Blog!...Hope things get better soon.....

    Take Care Swathi...n take care of ur mom & hubby too....i hope they both are fine now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is really scary, please have everyone in your family learn the Heimlich Maneuver, it shows you how here: http://www.heimlichinstitute.org/howtodo.html#chokingAnchor

    For Infants here:
    http://www.heimlichinstitute.org/howtodo.html#infantAnchor

    And if no one's around, here you can do for yourself:
    http://www.heimlichinstitute.org/howtodo.html#selfAnchor

    Take care Swathi and I hope the rest of your family is feeling better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Take care--Hope everyone gets better soon--*praying*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooooooooo i am so happy you are better!!! Prayers for you and your family!!((((((((HUGE HUG)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are doing well! Take good care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When it rains it pours

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...