Saturday 16 December 2006

Trying to control the train of thots...


How many of us have done meditation, successfully? Now, this has nothing to do with religion! So please...please... don’t be prejudiced!

Also, please don’t ask me how to do it, cos I am not in a level to teach that flawlessly to another person. But I was taught that (flawlessly) by some one, and I will never ever forget my first experience, with that. Very few people, who know that I do meditation, had asked me “show me, too”, and I just try to skip the subject. To do it on your own doesn’t need skill, but to take others too in that way and make them ‘feel’ is entirely different. And main thing was that if you failed in making others ‘feel’ it, they would lose faith in the power of meditation. And you will be called a‘fraud’.

Seven years back, one day I just took the telephone directory and looked for listings under ‘meditation’. I must be crazy or was that my destiny? I don’t know. But that single impulsive act of mine has lifted me entirely to another dimension, after 7 days.

I was never spiritual, till then. I used to go to temples, prayed hard to get all that I wished for and cried hard, when I didn’t get what I wanted. I don’t know when that desperation took me away to near craziness, that I was forced to take 7 days leave from work. And then, I wanted to heal myself.

When I rang the place, a female voice answered. She asked me to come there, anytime I wanted and I needn’t pay any fees at all. Even after I kept the phone, the voice haunted me. It was a kind of reverberating peace in the voice that drew me towards it like a magnet.

That evening when I first went to Brahmakumaris meditation center, I was clueless about anything related to meditation. There I saw the owner of the ‘reverberating’ voice for the first time. Sister Bindu. [Every member is addressed like brother or sister, there!]. Now I had 1 hr class everyday for 7 days. I asked a lot of questions. I got answers, for them. And there were a lot of beliefs of mine that were broken down. Some questions, I was asked to write it down and was asked to wait, till I got the answers from my own mind. [Once it has attained a certain level of knowledge]

The seventh day came. This was when I was going to be taught ‘mediation’. Sister Bindu was there and she just asked me to sit down, in a chair. She was supposed to say a commentary to me, and I have to make my mind follow that. She was more comfortable with English and as I was also comfortable with that, she chose that language. The next 5 minutes were the most valuable 5 minutes in my life. She was doing commentary [that’s the word, we say to describe the thought-process that eventually takes us to the complete detached level of meditation], and my mind was trying to follow whatever she was telling. I tried and then I don’t remember what happened.

After some time [I don’t know how many minutes passed], Sister Bindu asked me to get back, slowly [we just cant come back from ‘that’ level suddenly to our normal level]. And when I opened my eyes, I found that I was frozen. I couldn’t move my limbs on my own. Even though my mind would like to move my hands, my hands felt detached. I was looking at my body, as though it was a foreign object. I got scared and told Sister that I can’t move on my own. She told me that it was cos my concentration was strong along with her commentary and that I will take some more minutes, to get back to normal.

Any way after some half an hr, I was okay and went back.

Now after that I started practicing it on my own, with commentary cassettes and later without cassettes. Now once you are familiar with the commentary you can ask yourself to do that. But in order to get easy concentration, meditation music is good. I practiced it, regularly till I got married. After that I could never practice it.

Now 4-5 days before, some incident provoked me to try meditation, in order to get my mind clear. With the help of music, I tried and was soon successful. And when I came back, I was both relieved and happy. Relieved that I haven’t lost my ability to meditate and happy and thankful that I can still do it.

Want to download some meditation commentary??? : click here

meditation music? click here

Not interested? DONT click here

-------------------------------------------------------

Guys, who couldnt find their cursor to compose blog/or having some problems with the upgraded Y360, pls get an UPDATE of ur BROWSER. if u r using IE, go to microsoft and get an UPDATE on ur IE for that version(u dont have to upgrade to IE7!).i tried and now it works!

-swathi

15 comments:

  1. Yes Meditation works wonders... one has to believe that it will work, and try it out out- without putting anything or anyone on 'probation'...
    And I have heard about Brahmakumari's... they are doing some fantastic work all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't Give up with ur Meditation...

    I had Visited Brahma kUmari's Ashram At Mount Abu....

    Me I am doing Yoga Everyday..which keeps me relive from my Busy Day Tensions and Worries....i can forget to eat...but i don't go to bed without doing my Yoga at least for 10 min....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meditate though not as often as I would like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmmmmm nothing would download for me.....Sob......but will try again....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Friend Meditation is so beautiful still we have no time for it. What an irony, meditation is very good for our mental and physical health too. I have heard about the Brahmakumaries but never thought that they were so good. I have learned many techniques from different masters, but what I like to do best is to sit crosslegged back straight with eyes closed and just sit slowly all thoughts will subside. Very simple very restfull. Thanks for the post. Love jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meditation workes wonders, so I have heard.(never given it a try though )

    Must try that--but that link does not work for me..:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about cursors, if nybody wants the cute and beautiful new windows vista operating system cursors...go here and grab it..i guarantee u'll like it..

    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/42755442/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeap swathi really mediatation is not a teditious r grt job, its a simple thing which gives grt results...if anyone wann know more, check my blog., its so simple

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was something I was looking for ... In the hectic day to day life it is easy to lose the one person who really matters , that is ... myself ! And it is imperative that we need to find ourselves.

    Thanks Swathi ... I will surely try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard that meditation is good...but never tried it....or maybe i should say i never get the concentration...:) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pasy, Sakhi-----ooops......I had put the wrong link for meditation...now i changed it!. hope it works!!!

    nisha---thank you! will sure check ur blog!

    jacob--thank you, for visiting!

    anu--i think i MUST follow ur schedule,too!

    sankaran--- :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swathi,

    I am sure meditation really do wonders. Two years back I attended a course of Art of Living. Just by breathing in different rhythm........OMG our body get charged like anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swath Chech,
    I don know how to express the feeling of the wonder after the meditation, u can feel very light and feel u are flying. i had done it few years back. i couldnt continue when i started to work, time doesnt suites.
    do continue urs, that is the best thing to do to clear the mind.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never knew this, looking forward to do it myself !!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...