Sunday 2 July 2006

My spectacled look!

Everybody in y360 is celebrating their 50th and 100th blog celebrations… and so I decided that I will let the world know [but wouldn’t celebrate] my 101th blog… isn’t there something in this 101 th! Usually in temples my amma used to say that we should donate money in odd numbers like 51, 101, 201, 1001 etc. so I thot I will follow that routine here…



This blog is dedicated to my poor pair of eyes, who was my faithful partners till now…but now my negligence have made them tired and worn out… and I am forced to do what I hated always…



I have to wear spectacles permanently, as my lens power is increasing like anything. Just 1 yr back it was 0.25 and now its 1.5. Even my doctor is wondering what I have done specially to make this much increase in the power, in so much less time. One thing is true that I never cared to wear those lenses. Main reasons are:



1) I am so proud about my eyes outer beauty [yea, not being modest this time!] that I wanted to show it off always… [see thats the only thing I am proud of, in my face..pls let me be…]



2) I always sleep while watching TV or reading books that wearing spectacles was always a hindrance.



3)Carrying and accepting a foreign object as my own eye was unacceptable for me, even though not doing it made my migraine worse and now made me more blind.



4)My family [even my grandparents or uncles]never had any short sight history that I was in a denial state against my blindness.



3 yrs back, my colleague Durga used to pull my head back, whenever I stared into the computer screen, with my nose tip almost touching it. She warned me that I was having problem, but I denied, as usual. And now, I am screwed up, totally….




Oh! my beautiful eyes… sorry for locking u guys up in the glass chamber.. Sorry for not letting ur gaze wander freely… sorry for making things worse that now all of us are in trouble permanently.  I know wearing glasses make me look weird and uglier. But cant help it… still trying to keep up….

note: i know that having eyes with lesser vision is a boon, when compared to having no eyes or vision at all... 

15 comments:

  1. ;)cool pics swathi! congrats to your "EYES" for making the 101st BLOG entry! :)) lolzz.. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Swathi... 101th Blog dedication to Eyes... nice one indeed! Take Care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for 101th Blog......pic r good n u looks good too

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on 101th blog n yup ur eyes seems to enjoy the outer protection rather than worrying :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats for crossing 100th blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely unique with the 101st blog celebration. Congrats. ;-)

    Those lenses actually look nice on you. Have you thought about contacts or lasik surgery? I want lasik surgery, but it cost $1000 PER EYE. :P

    You know, even though doctors say you should wear your glasses ALWAYS, that's not always the case... Your eyes become dependent on them and so your eyesight will eventually get worse... Give it a rest sometimes, when you're not in real need of them... balance is always the key... and I know this because that's what I do (I wear contacts) and my eyesight has actually improved (slightly) between visits (which I usually do years apart being that I can't afford to go regularly :P) and I even happened to surprise my eye doctor as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 101 !...My my !...nevr knew the count !...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swats , you look real different in these ( comon i need to say this !) ...and old too !...get a pair of contacts !...( some more $$$) ....but i like the " enthu cheyyyana chirichalle pattoo " look !...i mean loved it !...and take care of those eyes !....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ans swats ! ....CONGRATS !....u deserve it !...more than anyone ....u are one heck of a blogger !...a tremendous picture capturer ...a sweeet friend ....( ethrayannu vecha nuna paraya ) ...still !...


    jokes apart !...love ur blogs !...where i can be myself !...thanks a lot !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 101 Swathi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on 101... hmm you look good with glasses :d

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for posting the 101th blog... hey you look cool in glasses!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey gal, congrats for hitting century! And well, who told glasses takes out the beauty of eyes? You should use the right frame to compliment your eyes, then, you will get a ‘genius get-up’ with it! If you are not comfortable wearing glasses, you can go for contacts too yaar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spectacular spectacle look, Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on ur 100 th blog... u look nice and nice blog, dedication to ur eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...