Tuesday 14 November 2006

Another astrology story!!

As mentioned in a previous post, I don’t have any jaathakam / janamkundali aka horoscope written for me, on my birth or marriage. Mainly because some astrologer raised doubts against me living beyond 12 yrs (oh.. that was a looong way back!) to my dad, when he approached him for my jaathakam. So I remained jaathakam less, not having a single clue about my future (if not exact, but not even a rough picture in mind!!). So here I am at this age, wondering what my jaathakam would have said about my past as well as future (not to mention, present too!!!).



After a lot of thinking and re-thinking finally I decided to order it thru post.. Main reason was that, I didn’t want my parents to know about it (anyone, who is reading this and who know my parents, please don’t tell this to my parents!). I didn’t even tell my hubby (though later I confessed!).

So now this came one fine day and my hubby went to collect it. I was very anxious to read it. So there it was…

Mainly it repeated certain things over and over again:

They were:

  • I will live till a minimum of 70 years (so what about that till 12 yrs thingie?, I don’t know!)


  • I am a very quarrelsome person (it was repeated in some 5 places!!! And my husband swears that on his life! And on second thoughts, I support him, too!)


  • I am lazy like hell (repeated 3 times. And hubby swears this to be true too!!!)




  • I will never get along with my dad’s relatives!(repeated in 3 places!! It didn’t say anything about mom’s side!)


  • Whatever I earn, it will never be any ancestral money!! (repeated twice! Have to wait to check if it’s true or not!)
¦.and so it went on¦



Now there were some contradictions too…like:

·        I will marry some one who is residing the south of my birth home. (My husband's home is on the north side of my home!  **Now my hubby thinks that this is true because at the time of marriage, he was residing south of my home!!!** )



·        I will make a living with a profession related with medicine (when my mom wanted me to take biology for +2, I fainted and proved how brave-heart I was!!!)





·        I will have brothers and sisters (if they meant blood-related, then it’s wrong! because I am single kid!)



But there were also some “yoga”in it, that made me browse google for 1 day, because I have never heard of such yogas…(psst….I have heard only about “rajayoga” or “gajakesariyoga”, the latter being the name of a Malayalam film!LOL… My knowledge on astrology is that poor!!!)



Now those were “the nipuna yoga” and “the amala yoga”, which I later learned through google that even Mahatma Gandhi had (pheww!!!!! Not bad…not bad, at all!! Ahem..ahem…Anyone need autographs of mine???)



Now the complete effect of it is based on some other factors too.. (Which I am not sure of!)



·        It also says that rarely do I get peace from my kids and there will be a lot of court cases (Now reading that, my husband promised me that, if ever they kick me out, he will make sure that, I will be left with at least some thing to live on…)

[pssst …that was a little bit scary, as the most important thing we want, when we are old is  peace!! ]



It actually divided my life into 5 phases like:



1977-1990 (worst!!)

1990-2004 (ok)

2004-2006 (not bad)

2006-2024(good)

2024-2045(best)

And I wrote this because, the 4th   major phase of my life starts today , on, 2006 Nov 14!!

Wish me luck!!!

26 comments:

  1. All the best to you for your major phase of life... !!!

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. kulffii---welcome welcome...*rolling the red carpet on for her rosy feet*
    ***now i am taking the borrowed red carpet off**

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. Wonderful and congratulations and all the best.

    So Happy days are here again!! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not Thums up caption(old). My words only. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you all the best.
    Living more than sevety years, great!
    I can't be sure if I can make it beyond 35 :-D
    And celebrity Yogam, great, indeed!
    I love your hubby's comments, LOLz.

    & Congratulations!!!
    So you see,ordering a jathakam was indeed positive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi, so the good times are starting!! Good Good!
    ..and I will take your autograph when we meet ...just in case!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the very very best Swathi... u r lucky... things are getting better, good and best in your life... I wish for you all the good things in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *runs back to get the autograph book*
    "Naale ivide kaanumbo marakkalle!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw !...best of luck Swats !...
    Well as my thing goes !..i wont be in homeland after a while !..**thinking**

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish you all the best in 2006-2045 and beyond......to quote Orwell,.."People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish you All the Best.

    *Best Wishes*

    Shahid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious !!!

    Best of luck, Swathi :) ... with “the nipuna yoga” and “the amala yoga”, you can expect the best !!! I hope the astrologer got atleast those correct ???

    And yes, I 'll just fetch my autograph book ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like it only gets better from here. All the best Swathi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Although I don't completely believe in predicting futures, we can't ignore the power of stars...

    I am glad it is only going to get better and best for you now... You deserve it!!!

    Take care,

    Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the Best Swathi......

    Wish u all the Happiness of the World....

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol wht does astrology mean?

    ReplyDelete
  17. LoL... don't take these things to heart, Swats... All the best, nonetheless...! :D

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Autograph please....hahaha..u r as famous as mahatma Gandhi..see if he wrote that u will be asasinated

    ReplyDelete
  19. Arfi, please stop hogging all the comments.

    This is very cool. Good luck. I wonder what is going to happen now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i call it horror-scope.
    thankfully i have never had to use it.
    its not like i dont believe in it... but i dont believe in the person who prepares it and the person who is going to interpret it.

    in any case.... all the best for the new phase.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't know if I believe astrology or not.....but this seems to be gr8...ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE! :)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...