Sunday 26 November 2006

...and then came the surprise

Yes and finally I reached home after 7 long months!! Having continuous 3 transit flights (Dublin-bahrain-muscat-trvm), with 2 hrs each in between, is it grueling? It was for me…I had to run virtually from one flight to another. And the result: 2 completely swelled legs and ankles!!! [*I don’t know how those frequently flying executives manage!!!*] But I shouldn’t complain about that cos I didn’t miss my flights, nothing hazardous happened, nor any problem anywhere. Apart from the new EU rule of not allowing toiletries! They threw away my hubbies homeo medicine for rheumatism! They couldn’t understand what was homeo medicine !!! I believe that’s cos of the ‘alcohol’ content!!

Ok…ok..now talking about the positive side…

Immigration was ok. We got our luggage w/o any problem, and got out thru green channel. They didn’t even scan them thru X-ray machines. (trivandrum airport!).
While waiting for our luggage, I was thinking about Rajashree, and scanned everywhere for the tall Colonel there. No..no one taller than 5 7” (except my hubs in 6 ft) in the vicinity. Ahhh…how could he come, he is in Cochin, and I am in Trivandrum.

When I got out, I was searching for my amma. And yeaa….I found them…
While I was walking to them, finding my way /pushing thru the rush at arrivals…. Some one came running to me… “swathi….” And seeing that person, realization struck me like (exceptionally bright) lightening. Oh….my… God (*just like Janice in F.R.I.E.N.D.S*) . It was… it was… it was….
No, I am not telling whom I saw…. Let you guys suffer like I did.

I don’t have words to describe my feeling. I saw the person (of course my y360, friend!) of whom I was one of the biggest fans!!! I was stammering…ahh…oh….how…I didn’t even see my parents… I was shocked, taken aback… whom I am seeing!!!! Yea…the unquestioned leader of the RBB (red brick brigade!!!!!) . I don’t know how wide my mouth gaped…I even don’t know if I stopped breathing for a while!!! [*infact I did, certainly*]

She came, and I was in a daze. Then I saw Col uncle. Then I wanted to introduce them, to my amma and hubs. Amma of course didn’t know!!! She asked her “how did you know, swathi?” my hubs remembered.. Cos we had plans to visit her house, so I had given him even her address!!!

When I saw her, I couldn’t even think that she was 47. What I saw was a very gorgeous woman. Hey..hey…those guys who call her aunty, (manu), take my word…she may just look 3-4 years elder to you. That’s all…. Her skin was glowing…her complexion was flawless… now don’t think that I am writing this to describe her… but I have to write that!!! She is an absolutely gorgeous lady!!!!

Anyway I introduced her as “shailaja aunty”. She was chirping…and I wasn’t still awake from the daze…she told me that Sankaran was there in Trivandrum. But I couldn’t meet him. I had to go to my hubby’s house, first, and be there for 2 days. I didn’t know that Sankaran would come that day!!!! I couldn’t talk to her for more than 3-4 minutes… I had to go to my hubby’s house. I thot that I would surprise her with my visit, un announced. But she outdid me..and that too in the most pleasant way, one can ever do…
Thank you a lot shail…u literally made that memorable…thanks a million from the bottom of my heart….and Col. uncle..thanks a lot for coming to the airport…. I know, if it was not for you, I wouldn’t have got the biggest surprise in my life! You are the best husband!!!
((((HUGS))))) to you.. I loved the way you, surprised me…..
I am at total loss for words, for the surprising happiness you gave me!!!!! You are superb!!!!

30 comments:

  1. Excellent! Now that I have staked my claim and Arfi cannot take it away, I shall read the post...

    OMG. You met the famous Shailaja Mohan and the colonel? You know of course that he is going to be the new leader of the MMM.....

    That's so great. Sorry bout the swollen ankles. I have to do a 22 hr trip to Thailand soon and we're not looking forward to it. Enjoy your time at home, and tell us about all the food you're eating. Just don't describe it too much in detail... that would be torture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn !..Brenny ..i thought i was here first !..welll ..you deserve it !...hehehe :P ....

    Just take care of yourself !...I know you are doing great !...well ..Enjoy ..nice to see this post !..was just waiting !..**winks**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to see you Jovial and Happy mood. Good to see you in that lovely mode. May you always remain in happy in Jovial Mode. Amen.

    Take Care.

    Shahid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well iam glad you had a pleasant surprise ...it sure is a thrilling experiance to meet a Online friend.. metting Shail would have been special no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww you actually met the special lady!!! But then you both are very special!! Enjoy your time with loved ones. Isn't it great to be home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really a nice surprise. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..That was indeed a grat surprise..Happy to know that u met Shail aunty and mohan uncle...:)
    have a nice time at home...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a nice surprise. They also think that you are pretty special also. Why else would they come to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's why I just call her Shail.
    (((psssst I will dumb this word Shail-amma!!!))))
    LOL.
    Now I can see that you are terrrrrribbbbly happy.
    I can see a wide grin on your face.
    Have more pleasant surpises on the way.
    And surprise others toooo!
    A good start for a great vacation.
    Enjoy & be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mera number kab aayega??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also, I am wondering what’s wrong with our guys in here?

    Seriously Swathi... they think that Mohan Uncle is going to be their leader.. Excuse me…... Mohan Uncle serves the Indian Army!!! Not some group of kids who are after a poor little girl’s toy gun!!

    Silly boys… speaking about a victory where there was no fight in the first place…. We ladies of the RBB don’t fight with little babies… we love baby boys!! *kooochikoooo*

    ReplyDelete
  12. That the coolest one you can expect from Shail..! Yup the ever-smiling chirpy Shail...!

    But you're special enough to get such a surprise, the moment you set foot on your homeland..! Love ya lots..! Missed you..!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome Home Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow....you met 'the ' one..You are lucky to meet Shail aunty...even i will meet her someday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...Lucky uuuuuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wot a way to express how u felt! hehe tho am new to this group and tho i dont know Shail..... i really waz curious who u actually met.... and nuv i wanna meet her tho i really dont kno her! I too am away frm India and i miss India so much... U feel really nice rite? ven someone comes to da airport and receives u!!! Thanks for sharin ur joy wid us..... it made me happy too. God bless 'U' for dat @};- (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh What a surprise..and indeed shail aunty is the one with such surprises. She introduced to me as the 'zoo keeper'..lol.
    Nothing is greater surprise than meeting a blog buddy right at the airport!!!! How thoughtful of Shail aunty and Mohan uncle!!!
    Lovely narration. each word is bubbling with joy and surprse!!!

    Well have a nice time in TVM. Enjoy your time.

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWWW!! wasn't that sweet of Shailmausi to spring a surprise on you!!!.. trust her to do stuff like that.. she is the best!!!! And Swats! man glad to know you are here and safe. Wish I could visit trivandrum and visit yall too!! Swell!! have loads of fun and blog about it! ((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow u met shailachy . nice. Hope u r enjoying all homely dishes u listed last time. Have a gr8 time to u and ur hubby with ur family.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey, that was a really gr8 surprize.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Swathi, so you met the Colonel!!! And Shailedathi.....I saw her before you anyways...When I met Mohan Chettan it was like meeting shailedathi herself. I will be visiting her during my next holiday! Have fun in India......

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow...i can understand the feeling..it is really divine..to have such pleasant surprises.....

    ReplyDelete
  23. woww u r so lucky

    ReplyDelete
  24. u r lucky enough meeting Shailadi..talking to Devi n to manu..ur damn lucky I shld say

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow what a surprise... I am sure u'll have ablast in India with soo many 260 frinds to catch up with

    ReplyDelete
  26. Swathi!!!!!!!!!
    Oh my God!! Whats all this you have written about me?? **staring open mouthed**

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lucky you, lucky you, lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome story, now I want to meet her and I don't have any idea who she is! Cool story, keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...