Wednesday 20 September 2006

When you go blind.....


It was sep 18 th evening. My hubby had a proj delivery. So he asked me to take the car and go home . I was really pissed off at him cos, I had waited for more than 2 hrs for him. If I wanted to drive alone, I would have done that 2 hrs earlier. For some reason I didn’t want to drive alone. Temperature was as usual 12 deg Celsius.



I wanted to go to gym cos last week I couldn’t go there. I went home, changed to sweatpants and drove to gym. Cycled for some 5 mts. (my regular time is 15 mts). But today I wanted to finish it as soon as possible. Started my first round with the machines. After one round, I was really tired. But I scolded myself for being so lazy. I didn’t visit gym last week at all. I had even missed one assessment session. And I almost reached the end of second round. Now only 4 more machines to go. Ok. I reached this hydraulic rowing machine and lifted it…



Suddenly I started sweating profusely. I was drinking water to prevent dehydration. I didn’t care that much. Started lifting it a second time. No.. I cant.. I think I cant lift… I decided to stop. Started going towards the window. On the midway, I saw suddenly it was getting dark. I couldn’t hear anything….and something started burning inside me…now it wasn’t getting dark. I cant see anything. And cant hear also. I knew from earlier experience the symptoms of blackout[I am almost a pro in having blackouts..LOL]. I was looking for a safe place to sit. Or else I will fall down on some machine and get hurt. I tried to sit and prevented myself from going blank. No its not going… minutes passed… even after 5 minutes, I cant see or hear anything. Suddenly my stomach pained and I dragged myself to bathroom. I vomited all the water I drank. I sat on the floor. No I cant call anyone for help. I cant talk or even make a single sound. My vision was completely gone. I could only feel the wash basin. I sat there for some 20 mts. Nobody in the gym knew I was there. After 20 mts slowly I started seeing things around me. Got up and with shaking hands dialled my hubbys number. Couldn’t even talk to him properly. Somehow asked him to come to gym and that I cant drive or for that matter move from the bathroom.


Till my hubby came and found me in the bathroom, I sat there….



That’s what you get for punishing your body tooo much!




Note: i went to the doc. No, i DONT have a low BP. if it recurrs i may have to visit a neurologist and must do a brain scan. i had done EEG 4 yrs back and there was no probm. its just that i have a tendency to faint , which is only heriditary! so guys dont worry, its NOTHING!


17 comments:

  1. My gOD! Swats! I'm worried! Why does this happen to you? Is this because of your migraine triggers? What if it happened when you were driving? SO dangerous! Please take care of your health ((HUGS)) and hope you feel better soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lesson well learnt!!!

    Swathi... pls take care of your health!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get well soon....Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely get that checked out. **Hugs** So glad you didn't get hurt. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really need to have this looked at soon...take it from a Nurse...I hope you will take care.

    Cheers,Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi...please take care of yourself more! (((((hugs))))) My prayers are with you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Health is first. Then wealth. Take care of your health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take care and rememeber it for future references. Am just glad it all ended well... *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with everybody here. Sounds like it's worth taking a look at. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmm..:((..Swathi do take good care of ur health...

    ReplyDelete
  11. swathy really feel bad ven heard abt ur blackout.may be good sign . do ur check up . take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that was sad,
    sometimes one must go slow... don't push urself hard.. Take care dear..

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! plz do take care of urself! u should be sleeping and not blogging now:(

    please dont strain urself for some time:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. jo---it seems its cos of migraine! and but now this was side-effect of high dose painkillers...it seemed to ahve lowered by BP. but no issues! :-) and thanks alot!

    arffyy--yes, i will.....

    sindhu---i am perfectly ok, now!

    lisa---thats in my genes... my dad also get these blackouts... so nothing to worry!

    trupti---those were hereditary! i am so used to them and EEG says no issues...so its all fine, i think.

    shail--thanks you soooo much!

    sekhar--thanks alot!

    sab---yea, no probs! just little tired now!

    brenny--thank you so much!

    priya--i will...thanks alot!

    anju---it was hereditary dear....it used to come since i was 15... even my dad has this! so, no probs!

    pink---yes dear, have to slow down

    shru--yea, i sleep alot now....soon i will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Take care Swathi. I just wound up my romance with a mysterious fever, that literally bowled me over...!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear everything's ok. **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  17. god... this was scary... hmmm i have low BP and had couple of black-outs back in Delhi... it starts when i start feeling suffoctaing... and than something in my stomach... and than my legs just give way... i can't even stand... maybe vommitting a little later and next few hours are just a daze... god!!! idon't wanty to rememer it
    u r a brave girl...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...