Monday 25 September 2006

This may happen to you too (no kidding!)

Weekends are what I wait for , starting from every single Monday… but usually when they come, we both[we have shared our house hold jobs between us!] will be loaded with cleaning, bulk /special cooking for the coming week. But still I long for weekends, when I can sleep, without worrying about alarm clock running towards 9am. [Ironically I sleep less on weekend mornings!].


 


Yesterday while my hubby was busy vacuuming [cos of my everyday-sore-back!] I was just passing the study room, and glanced thru the glass window, when I stood paralysed at the sight!….


 


My first reaction was “oh! Why did they choose Ireland to land? And especially our back yard?” For a split second all the films that I have seen about alien invasion from ET to “Koi mil gaya”,  passed through my mind. Whom should I contact? What should I do… in fact within 5 secs I have thot about my parents in India and wished I would have remained there in India. I stood there rooted, till those enormous things slowly floated to my window . They were sooo huge that one even blocked my entire vision.  Soon I saw a number of them, floating towards me. I counted. There were 12 of them…. Of different colors. I squinted myself to see, if there were any living beings inside. And when one flied over my head, I saw two living beings, inside, and I screamed for my hubby….


 


 


This is what I saw…..


 


 


 


 


 


 


….


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


….


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


….


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


….


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


….


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


…..









.....





balloon5 balloon4 balloon2 balloon3 balloon1
Today I found in the newspaper that it was 36th Irish Hot Air Balloon Championships  !!! its from 25 Sep to 29 Sep. So I guess I am yet to see more of them!

21 comments:

  1. I'm definitely coming over to your place - whether you like it or not!!!!

    OMG! that's just amazing - look at all the colors! **glee written all over face**

    Hmmm..Rome is not as cool as this **sulking** :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolzzzz they r lovely..... hmmm u must be ov erexcited :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops.... i meant over excited... guess i am the one who got too excited...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Yo lucky gal.... I so envy you.... One of these days I will fly by your house in one of those balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...hot air balloons....lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "ET to Koi Mil Gaya" LOLLL

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You had me freaking there for one split sec! ANd I believe in UFO's!!!! Girl! that is sooo amazing!!!!!!!!! B-U-T-FUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaaaah .. this is fantastic .. excellent pics

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I was about to leave a note stating I wish some aliens would come abduct us... and yes, I'm serious. :P Nice though... a single baloon floated over us a few months ago, Nelson got a nice shot of my [step]father outside taking a shot of it... He still hasn't sent it to me. X{

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics,something in common we have Swathi ...chronic backache...may be we cud exchange tips..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..so many colorful ballons..nice pics swathi..:)
    I wish i too were there to c that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i landed in one of them, didnt know u lve close by:)

    lovely pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ~* Wowwwwwwwwww *~
    unthinkable in Mumbai !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swathi,

    As usual I could not see the pictures,but I understand it is all balloons. I am waiting for this December.Here in Dubai there is going to be Balloon festival.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that was really lovely......and good pic too...

    ReplyDelete
  16. whew... beutiful is not the word enough to describe.... hope ur home have enough space for me too... am trying to book a ticket now to Ierland

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I visualised you screaming for ur hubby when you saw 2 livng being !!!LOl... The 2 beings, were they aliens?

    You are lucky to have got this picturesque sight.
    Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today I found in the newspaper that it was 36th Irish Hot Air Balloon Championships (http://www.irishchampionships.com/) !!!
    its from 25 Sep to 29 Sep. So I guess I am yet to see more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fantastic images... thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...