Monday 18 September 2006

After a disastrous cut!


Ok, from where shall I start? Ok will start from 15 th sep morning. When I came to office in the morning, I saw both my project mates with drooping eyes. Poor guys! we had a midnite delivery and those guys were working their ass out. Now, don’t look at me that way. I had a very bad migraine last night, so I couldn’t be there till 1 am. Now it went well. No issues till now (touchwood!).


Anyway at 3 pm, they both went home. And I didn’t know what to do. And then! One brain wave hit me. Why cant I have a cool-chick-haircut and treat myself? *evil grin* ok, that means 40€ down the drain. But still…… didn’t I deserve that?


 


Took the car and went to town. To my utter disappointment, 3 salons didn’t take clients without appointment. I was desperate. Went to the most posh one. Didn’t have any hope. “do u do haircuts w/o appointment?” “yea”! I was thrilled. Happily settled in the cushy black chair and waited for my stylist to come. She came. Asked me what would I like to have. “no idea” I just wanted to look “chick”. LOL! Still managed to say something, to her!  Covered me with a black cloth  and was sent to a washbasin (he he he, a black one!)


 


And she shampooed my hair, conditioned it (only if someone did that to me, every day!! *sigh*). She dried my hair with a towel and I was sent to the snippetting section. I waited there, waiting for my (or my hairs) destiny!


 


And then she came……. Snip..snip….snip went her scissors… yeeek… that was a lot…”see I didn’t mean thaaaat short”… I shrieked… “it sure looks messy”. “ok, that will be fine after blowdry”. Another one came and took 20 minutes to dry my whats-left-on-my-head!


 


…And this is the way I look now! (why was it to be happen on my birthday?)


 


after hair cut
note: the top pic is the bday gift i got from my hubby!

22 comments:

  1. Hehe..thats a cool haircut, after the nicely narrated event. You do look now what you wanted to look.

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that disastrous !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur hubby liked it?. thats important

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm Doesn't look a disastrous one, but a simple one.. and nothing can be disatrous to hairs and nails as both grow quick.
    My HUbby loves my long hairs, hence didn't dared a cut since long... earlier I used to cut my hairs whenever I needed a mood change...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the cut you had before..you've got nice silky hair..

    ReplyDelete
  6. no, not the most disastrous.... pair it with right kind of dress, and you will be cool and chick.. :) ( i tried a new hair cut 2 weeks back, and was looking super cool in denims and round neck t-shirts, but this week, our CEo is flying down for a one week visit...have to dress atleast in shirt ad cargoes from tmaro... oh, my poor hair.... i have to combe it, but the problem is not uch to combe now... :) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading that title I thought you hurt yourself. So this feels okay. Just okay. I won't lie and say you look great but you know what? Grow your hair and get a different style! I am your true friend ;)

    Pssst... Earier one suited you more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vinod---honestly i didnt like it at all.. now i hate looking inot mirror!!!!

    sekhar---needless to say, he didnt !!!(even i didnt)


    pink--i wanted to pamper myself! but after that when i looked inot the mirrir, i repented !!

    florussel---i liked it before tooo *sobs* and think about the 40 euro!

    anoop-----it sure is....i hate my look now!!! theres nothing left in my head!! and whatever left looks like a question mark!! same with me, nothing to comb!!

    sab----dearie, i avoid looking inot mirror now... i hate my look! there was nothing wrong with my earlier cut. imagine us going to India with this head of mine!!! *shudders*... o! god will I be decent by nov 24?
    and hugs for being so honest!
    i know it looks bad... but it depresses to be told like that .........*breaks inot tears*

    ReplyDelete
  9. "theres nothing left in my head!!" ithu ithra parasyamayi parayanamayirunno? ariyaam thalakkakathu onnumillennu :D ROFL... cute gift... :) so, he narrowly escaped from a black sunday.... and what abt b'day sadhya?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, it is not that bad... one more thing here~ we get used to what we already have so even with a super-fab haircut you might b a little uncertain...
    Don't worry, it is not that bad either...

    And your birthday gift is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice birthday gift!
    The hair cut doesn't seem so disastrous to me though...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely birthday gift....

    And if you dont like your hairstyle that much... try bringing it a little to the front, meaning a little over the forehead...not exactly like a fringe... just a little over the side over your forehead... you got that right? that should make it look different.

    :)...

    Keep smiling... nothing else makes a difference than a 'knock-u-down' smile

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow.. u look cool.. by the way for my records.. how much it cost to pay a hair cut visit to such saloons.. let me hold my breath :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. My!! Did ur hubby bash u up?!!! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOl, the way you explained it, I thought You got yourself a cherokee haircut..BUt Girl! It looks tres cute on you! and your birthday gift looks awesome...;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, amazing Gift from Hubby dear...

    ReplyDelete
  17. and hey don't hate ur looks, It's just ok, just allow them to grow fast... put oils/shampoo/conditioner...
    it'll be just fine..
    As I said, hairs and nails grow quick and can be re-styled !!
    - ON a +ve note !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so he did remember! congratulate him on my behalf. i wanna know how he manages this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. anoop---sadya onnum illa....onathinu undaakkiya paadu enikkariyaam....
    i understand that even u dont have anything left on ur head, now! so shall we start an empty-heads club?

    sab---thanks! *smiles thru tears*

    sindhu---thanks!

    arfana---will try that for sure! thanks for the tip! and wont stop smiling!

    dheer---psst...its 40€ . dont tell anyone!

    sunil---no he wont...he is a sweet hubby! hugs me even if i shave my head off! (may be not that much!)

    jo---thanks dearie!

    pink--thanks dear! and thanks alot for +ve note...it helps me!

    svelliyod---yea he did and carefully avoided the black sunday that would ahve befallen him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice birthday gift..and good that ur hubby remembered to wish u....
    and the hair cut is good..and as pink said since it grows faster it will be fine soon...i think after the initial 2 days we will be ok with that..
    take care..cheers..priya

    ReplyDelete
  21. the all professional look:)
    nice write up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's not too bad, but I think it would look better if it was fuller... Maybe blow dry it out some? The watch set is really nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...