Monday 26 March 2007

Well, it started as an evening walk...

Irish Summer time (IST) started yesterday, and now the days are getting longer and longer. I love it because, after seeing day light going off at 4 pm, this is such a relief to see sun even after 8 pm!

So, I was walking down the road with Mohd Rafi singing into my ears, “Jhalkaaaye jaam, ayiyee..aap ki ankhon ke naaam”. I thought that I will walk thru a new route, away from town. I didn’t know where I was going. After 10 minutes, I reached a stone inscribed “Welcome to BallinLough” said as “ballin-lock”. I walked for 5 more minutes and saw a small road to the left. Took that and walked down.

First I saw this stream, when there were still houses around… Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Soon the road became narrower and narrower, both sides completely dense with bushes. There weren’t any houses, at all… Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket There wasn’t even a vehicle in that moss covered road. And from where I could see an opening thru the bushes, I saw this..


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wondering about those white spots? That’s the symbol of Ireland…endless rolling grasslands and those brownish white spots in it…. Some times those fields can have electrocuted barbed wires, so I was a little bit careful, not to touch… After walking for 25 minutes, I reached a small opening in the bush from where I could touch those spots,…. well almost….

They looked so shocked seeing a trespasser in their fields! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket And I finally,I could get a snap of my nursery-rhyme-hero, Baa..baa.. not-black sheep!

Footnote:

A regular saying in Co.Clare:

"If the sheep is painted blue, then it's a boy sheep. If it's painted red, then it's a girl sheep. And if it's painted pink, then it's a gay sheep. And if a sheep is painted red, white, and and blue, then it is a British sheep, and the Irish don't want to have much to do with it anyway..."

No offence, pls !

26 comments:

  1. wow, what a walk !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will tk cr to walk with cam now-onwards.... it too happened to me that, i found so many views clickable... but did have the cam then....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. superb.. swatz, is tehre a spare bedroom in ur hoem for me and jeevs? enthu rasamanau kaanana..

    ReplyDelete
  4. kollallo videon... walki walki Ireland mothamayi cover cheytho????????????

    loved the pics... loz @ ba ba not black sheep

    ReplyDelete
  5. typo typo - *did not have a cam then

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow... good place...

    :(.... i feel sad now... coz i miss my walks .... you know walking is my hobby...:P but now had no time for my this hobby :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like Ireland is a very beautiful coutry....:)..will sure have to add it to my 'must see' list..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to see if i have a bus from here.. to reach ur place. Dont worry i wont trouble ya by stayin at ya place... ill put a tent there where the sheeps are and keep gazing at them while they keep grazing! wow love those pics. (((((hugs)))))

    Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless you Swati for these lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I enjoy your 'walk' stories. I remember your 'walk' in a lonely stretch in Attingal...

    ReplyDelete
  11. really lovely pics!!! shall i catch the next bus to there? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi, swathi, nice pictures,it would be great to have long walks on such grasslands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ginglee's World....26 March 2007 at 11:11

    Nice walk..........AZAD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hei Swathi.

    I tink that them sheep were like: 'What the sandhills is She doing in our pad?!!'
    Great shots of the oh-so familiar scenery for me. Thank you so much.
    Take care and do keep well. Rii xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha.... the last saying as damn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is really nice to have such walks and exploring new spots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh Swathi don't they look sooooo cute?? Can I have one of them as company for Camli, Teddy and Pinkie??

    ReplyDelete
  18. btw LOVELY photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thought its a golf court... :)...
    nice post with nice photographs, Swathi...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a place to wander and get lost! It must be great to think and ponder over... I can imagine you walking in it, absorbing all the beauty and breathing the fresh air! Wow...

    Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful pics da.. i luved da meadows.. i hav never ever visited a meadow.. n itz ma dream to visit 1:D
    i hope to b thr sum day.. i heard spain has gr8 meadows n valleys.. i juss wish tht i will b thr having lotsa fun n running across da huga fields:P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for taking me on the walk with you. I miss going for walks but have very happy memories of many miles covered and beautiful scenery ... but life compensates in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How Beautiful!!!!...what a greenery.....I liked Last one the most....and I believe so u must be enjoying ur walk....

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice pictures:)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...