Tuesday 20 March 2007

Part 3-Galway!

Part-1

Part-2


It was raining. But I don’t know if its because of my excitement, I didn’t feel it at all. The wind was very strong that it almost took the camera away from my hands. I had to hold on it to it, as if it was my life. I tied up my hair tightly, after I felt like being held away by my hair to the lake. (MAY BE...GHOSTS!) (no exaggeration!).
Every women in our coach had the worst hair day in their life that day! Our Swedish mate’s long blonde hair was standing vertically.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Kylemore Castle , in close.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The dining room inside the Castle.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The biggest mantle piece mirror, I ever saw in my life. I was too short even to see myself in it.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another one, saw the sculptures on the fireplace? (see the height of mirror? i am 5ft 1)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
St.Benedict- Carved from a single birch trunk!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket How many times Margaret must have played this for her hubby?



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket One oak-panelled entrance hall (there are four such halls!).The walls and floor are completely in oak. The glazing from the walls and floor made this snap, blurry.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket My husband trying to be Mitchell, for a while. Again, the shining of oak panelling blurred this.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No one was there except us and may be the spirits of Mitchell and Magaret Henry. So we had to use timer to take our snaps. yep, our height difference is almost 1 whole feet!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The first book printed on Kylemore Castle. See the date? June 18, 1902. (anooj, saw the 13,000 acres)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now there are only 17 Benedictine nuns here.(though we couldn’t see any one) And they would be leaving here on 2008, turning this Castle completely into a tourist spot.

..to be contd....in last part

26 comments:

  1. Hei Swathi.

    I am soo enjoying this Photoblog on the West of Ireland!
    Love the pics with the fireplaces, in particular.
    DO keep grand and dandy. Rii xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOOOOOOO....!!

    And I was FTC, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I gazed at the castle for a while... And when you let your gaze settle down it felt as if it ia a digitized image and pixels are standing out in form of those square stones forming the facade of the castle!

    I can only imagine how you must have felt standing in that castle and being transported to another era... But I wonder if any body at all was able to see themselves in that highly placed mirror...

    Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some very amazing pictures. The first picture for some reason reminded me of building made of Lego, maybe because the lines are so well defined. I bet it felt good to be indoors.
    Take care, Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swathi,

    I never realized that, late comers are ever rewarded like this Lol :-)))

    I saw all the three parts in one shot. Europe is always my dream vacation.
    You really brought the beauty of Europe to the door step of all of us.

    Thank you soooooooooo much for sharing these fascinating photos with us.
    These photos are simply awesome …keep posting the wonders of Ireland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fotoo blogs are really interestin...yup...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvellous, I m speechless at the beauty of the Castle.
    Thanks for sharing so much so that I myself felt being there.
    Amazing it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. swathi all pics are too gud...
    da dining room is awsoooooooooooooooome...
    i wish i had a mantelpiece n da fireplace like tht 1:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. i hope thr r more pictures coming up:d

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow .... so interesting... it's very nice place swathi...
    A royal palace...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Besides the good pictures, I like the way you go about this giving a lot of extra information, taking care to keep it interesting at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swathi, de aa sundarikuttyude photo ivideyum undu!! Daa nokKikke pino vayikkunu!! Oh how innocent she looks!! ((((((((HUGS))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  13. BTW simply awesome pictures Swathi!! Waiting for the next part!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is really out of the world. Man what a castle!!! The dining looks awesome. You look really cool in the one where ure playing the piano. wow piano... id die for it!!!!!!!! Awesome snaps dearie. I loved the way uve described each and every snap shot. I felt as though i was there. Am happy for u dear :-) (((((hugs)))))

    Babs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shail: varoo..varoo...ingottu varooo...
    oru visit-visa eduthaal mathi....
    ente vettil 3 bed room spare undu....
    namakku adichu polikkaaam!!
    enikku fish pickle-um thinnaaalo??? ***winks**
    oru vedikku randu pakshi!!!

    manu, pinanganda....she knows how to make fish pickle

    ReplyDelete
  16. babs: thank you dear.... we were alone...so when i share these pics with u guys, its like we are taking a group tour and talking excitedly about it....
    nammal ellarum koode avide poyathu pole...
    and i love that.....
    (((ummma))))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics, Swathy. Thanx for sharing.
    I didn't see your reflection in the mirror.
    Oh, I notice, you need one more Swathy to reach that level.
    :-D

    Marvellous pics. Galway, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. pinneyum de adipoli pics..... ippol cash illa... allenkil next plane pidikkamayirunnu...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, that is so elegant and beautiful!! You are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh swathi .... loved it! - u shd've entitled this account 'the galway getaway' - amazing place, rich with natural and historic beauty! as always, thanks for sharing ...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing...Great...pic..well I checked part 2 and now Part 3 and I will say again Ireland is really Beautiful...I wish one day i will Visit this Country...One Day...Thanks for sharing pic Swathi...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice place.........................to visit :-P

    I gone through all three parts of this post and liked these pics...:)

    But one thing to remember...they guys/gals who are facing hair fall shouldn't go there...:D because the wind may make them..........(their head like these dots :D)

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW...that is all I could say. It is soo very pretty. For once I started to imagine myseld sitting in tht dining room and having a 4 course meal:-D. It is too goood. This series is getting better and better...eagerly waiting for the last one. Your hubby is looking nothing less than a king on that couch ;-). Going to have the nth look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. First of all a BIGGGGGGGG Thank you for posting them in Photobucket which we(UAE) could see. Gone thro all the post. Pictures are awesome! Reminds me of the Old Big Villas in Nilgiris though they were not so grand. Ohhhhh! That fire place..... I am going nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool pics, Swats...! Am trying to visualize you trying to see yourself in that huge mantle-piece mirror..! LoL...!

    Yes, castles are fascinating, really..!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tomorrow's Weather22 March 2007 at 23:24

    Swathi Di the pics are waayyy cool!!!
    am saving some of them for future use...(when i'm a multimillionnaire...i'll get the interiors done that way! ;-)
    and ur looking sooo pretty in all the pics!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    thanks for sharing them! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...