Tuesday 1 August 2006

When couples share jokes!


Today I was hearing songs from Dil To Pagal Hai. I don’t know which year it was released. Only thing I know is that I was in college then and madly in love. Now today when I heard the songs, it took me into that era, when everything was rosy red with love, in my world. One thing I did before my marriage was to tell everything about my past love-encounters to my hubby. Every human being related to me including my parents strictly prevented me from being so open, at that time. But later I proved I was right in doing so. As my hubby was also in exact situation like me, we connected like anything. I have seen some of my girlfriends hiding their past from their husbands. But I am in a situation now that I can even introduce my ex to my husband as “My ex!”.


 
The pun in that is we pull each others legs even now, on its name.  I usually tell him that I will tell about both our ex-s even to our kids, so that I can even introduce my ex to my kids!! Sometimes I even say that I will leave my hubby and run away with some Irish guy, and he says the same to me too. We had made this a usual tease and never had the least idea how this could be viewed by others.


 
One day when my mom called we were having our usual teasing and I told amma “Amma, I got bored with my hubby. I am looking for a Irish guy at work. I will soon leave my hubby and go with him”. I was actually telling this to my hubby, looking at him. Next thing I heard was my mom shrieking from other side of the phone. “Don’t you dare say that!!!!! And she began scolding me like anything” I couldn’t even tell her that it was a joke. She went on saying as if I had actually started an affair here. Finally I gave the phone to my hubby and he had to spend at least 10 minutes, convincing my mom that I was not leaving him and was not having an affair in Ireland! And after that we decided that our teasing and jokes should remain only with us and never go to relatives and friends esp PARENTS!!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As I was tagged by Sab:



6 weird things or habits:


Honestly I don’t think them as weird:


1)      I love to eat meat curry mixed with buttermilk.


2)      I hate facial hair in men.


3)      I love to chew lamb/chicken bones for almost 15 mts [my hubby says, I was a dog on my last birth!]


4)      I can carry babies only on my left side.


5)      I eat only melted ice-cream.


6)      I paint toe nails, but never finger nails.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23 comments:

  1. *laughing*

    Hey Swati find a nice Irish guy for me too. It's getting kinda boring with Haris! ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laugh... Yeah, it's pretty tough when others don't get inside jokes... but then again, that's why they're called "inside" jokes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me...when Rit's use to give me stupid arguement n trouble ...I always use to say him...find someone else n let me go.....either do 2nd marriage....."ek ghar sambhalegi ...aur ek aapko, ek khana banayegi...ek aapki seva karegi".....aur samne reply milta hai...kitna aacha hota agar humare religion mai bhi 2 shadi ker sakte"

    well its all part of Joke.....but u r right...it should be with us only...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, first things first..Where is the answers to MY tag??? ***smoke coming out of ears***
    Lolz at you telling Amma about looking for an Irish guy!!! Lolz..You should have preceded your conversation with a 'this is a joke' tag! Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its true .. certain things shall remain withing our loved ones...

    *** Irish is not a bad idea.. I can advocate... give your mom's address.. *** Lolz.. ( pufffffffffffff vanishing from the place..)

    ~ King

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing the tag!! Girl, I too prefer my cuppa icecream a bit melted. I often microwave them for 10 seconds to give that softer, creamy texture... yum yum!! I think I gained a few pounds thinking about that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Swats, that was brilliant telling your mommie like that, i can't tell mine that the guy on the road is cute looking, and I get a big lecture about how, my (future)husband will disown me if I go on at this rate..lol..
    so you're husband is clean shaven..hehe and I can carry babies and stuff on my left side too :D
    Sab! microwaving icecream! hmmm, i should check out your previous recipe entries for something weird like this..HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to say to my wife.But she never bothered about it. ????

    ReplyDelete
  9. irish guys are grose.......and telling ur kids about ur ex is even groser......

    ReplyDelete
  10. U hate the name " **** " ....and yoy hate facial hair in men !...Hmmm !....nice to know these !...

    Pavam Hubby of yours !...Send my concerns to him !

    Take care Swats !...and the comment i left in earlier blog was just for fun !...Guess it din hurt
    cHEesY !

    ReplyDelete
  11. i m with u for ur 5th habit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Swathi, dont take AJ seriously... it really doesnt harm in parents being open with their kids. Only then its possible to form a friendly bond! I talk everything with my both my dad and mom and thats because they are extremely friendly with me. I guess you will relate to this - I even discuss good looking guys with my dad!

    And Irish Men....*sigh* Its a pity that Ronan Keating is married!! Haha..

    Chewing Bones!!! LOL... and ROFL and at your husband's sense of humour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sab---yea,sure join the club!!

    Lisa---u r absolutely right Lisa...

    Anu---LOL!why stop in 2 shadi!!

    Shail---njan oru paaavam alle? **batting eyelashes** usually i tell abt guys to amma,but she always say "u shudnt",and after marrg, she thinks its the worst crime!!

    king---amma will have a heart attack. i dont know why she cant undstand the joke... may be she never told like that to dad!

    Sab---that idea never occured to me! wow!!! will do that next time!!!

    jo_g...---my mom is also under same category as urs... but do i care??? i tell her in a more affirmative tone, "still,amma, that guy is cute!" LOL!! if i try to carry babies on m right side, they slide off.. LOL!

    sekhar---yea,thats the understanding b/w couples...

    Aj.....--- grosser guys are there in every single country esp in India,not only in Ireland. And how come letting the kids know that their parents are human is "grosser"?????

    cheeeze---my hubby is clean-shaven.and no "sorry" b/w friends!!

    Madhoo---thumbs up!

    Arfana---hey hey its ok... for him its "gross", for me its making kids feel that they have human and not fairies as parents!i am brutally open, which irks others sometimes, and abt being frank with parents, u r 100% right! cos of his sense of humor, my hubby survives with me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did someone mention Ronan Keating? *gone dreaming*.... Loved that song, 'when you say nothing at all'.

    Aj~~ I don't think it is gross to tell your grown-up kids about your life and incidents/ people who shaped it. May be the way you tell it might make it a little gross, but the thought isn't! Think again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sab.. it was me.. it was me... I think Ronan is absolutely gorgeous.... what do you think Swathi?

    ReplyDelete
  16. ok ok chillax girls.....im gross awryt

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm.. interesting.
    i did the same too.

    but, i'm not sure about sharing with my kids part.
    by the way, do you think Irish guys are going to be any better than us
    'Mallus' ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ronan !...Get a Grip Gals !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey it's cool Aj... :)

    And Manu not a word against Ronan!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. SAB---even i love boyzone and westlife!and u r correct in ur opinion!

    Arfana---Ronan IS grogeous! in fact who wasnt in Boyzone?

    AJ--LOL!

    CK--- we cant actually compartmentalise guys based on nationality... there are nice and not so nice guys both in kerala and in Ireland!

    cheeeeeeeeeze---why whats the probm sayin Ronan is gorgeous?

    SAB--*smile*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good one. your experience will definintely help :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey swat..Give me one year to read all ur blogs..lol..

    ReplyDelete
  23. its so funny..Thatswhy ur so cheerful always buddy..Bcoz of ur frankness...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...