Thursday 17 August 2006

Killing Combination!


Recently some new things are happening in my life :


1)      I have started going to gym.


2)      We are going to have neighbours in our semi detached home.


3)      I am dumped with work in my office


4)      My migraine triggers became very frequent, preventing me from eating every nice thing in this world!


 


Life changed so much after I started visiting gym. Now pls don’t think that I am going to gym, to keep my body in perfect shape. I have never done that in my younger (healthier and glamorous) days, why should I do it now?? But, I was advised by my GP to go to gym, so that it may reduce my migraine triggers (???). And now every evening at 7:30pm, after work, I spent 1 hr in gym, which makes me look like a thoroughly over-worked donkey, for the entire day !!!


 


One happy news is that we are going to have an extremely friendly couple as our next-door neighbours!!!  We met them yesterday, and I am more relieved (than happy) after that. Being in a semidetached house, good neighbours means peaceful life guaranteed!


 


I don’t know why, after sitting idle for 1 week at office, now I am dumped with a hell load of work. I come home at 8:30pm (which is very rare, as here, Europeans never work, after regular office hrs). The one and only silver lining in that cloud is that I will get overtime allowance for it!! Yippee!! After all money makes everyone happy!


 


Finally, my migraine attacks reached its worst form. Now I get an average 3 attacks per week which is ended by 6 injections per week. I am prevented from eating every nice thing including chocolates, ice cream, wine, meat and any food other than home made ones!!!! Yeeek!! How I hate that!!!! . I hate eating food, prepared by me. I can’t even eat burgers!!! The only advantage I see in that, is gym combined with home made food, may make me thinner!!!!


 


That’s what’s happening to me now a days!...


Work…work…work… migraine and gym! What a combination, to kill a woman!!!

15 comments:

  1. awwwwww Swats! You need a big bear hug (((((HUGS))))), hope you get better and your migraines thrown down the drain and you home cooked food up in the air! cheer up! get better and treat yourself to a burger soon! Gym sounds like a good idea, helps you relax :) take care...Wish you loads of good health!

    ReplyDelete
  2. donno wat 2 say....u sound as if its a very normal thing ...but swathi take care....two migraine attcaks a week is not gud news....( wow ..iactually said sumthing without being funny or sarcastic)....dont neglect it

    ReplyDelete
  3. **Hugs** Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better. Drink lots of fluids, I Find that it helps staying hydrated throughout the day (since you work long hours right now) and also, few minutes of quiet time on your own helps tremendously. Take care! I know what Migraines are like...so I can empathize.

    Cheers,Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga may help. Check that possiblity. wish you come out from
    Migraines

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi, hope the home food and gym routine will make you feel better soon...and like Trupti says lots of fluids. ***hugs***

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww Swathi, I do hope the migraine goes away... but good that you are exercising (good for keeping healthy) and eating home cooked food. Wish I was your neighbor to at least relieve you of the food part of the probple... Healthy, piping hot meals prepared at home for ya!! :)
    Take care and chill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "have never done that in my younger (healthier and glamorous) days ".........You are glamorous now also !..din you know that ?....:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well !..i used to hve Migraine too !...got rid of it soem yearz back !...Phew !..*wipes off sweat ** ....

    Take care Swats !....

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH !...Di was here ..eh ?...u get the expert advice in 360 too !...the Duo !...DOc and Nurse !...Aks and Di !..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who's Di cheesy??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trupti Di ....another of my Di's in here !..:P

    Manu !

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh my god migrane ,i too faced that when i am 14years old its very horrible how ur managing that i dont know,my doctor gave me a course then some dart tablets i think 1month course then its became fine ,never got those attacks,anyway do gym regularly and dont work too much max take rest,hope u get rid of that migrane very soon tc and have nice weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey....i've got migraine too...but it comes only when i stess myself or am very tired....its just in the starting stage..so black tea and a good sleep makes me feel better..u better take care of yourself...
    It must me great to have neighbors,,have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the Gym routine works . May be you should try Yoga (just hearsay i neither workout in the Gym or supple enough for Yoga.Ohhh i hope you soon get back to eating food like chocos ice creams burgers rather than home cooked food.Get well soon .

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...