Friday 20 October 2006

Dreams !


I am sure that almost everyone in this world must have had odd or weird dreams/nightmares in their life. By dreams, I am not going into any Freudian interpretation of dreams. Just simple (silly) dreams, we all see. And rarely…very rarely we find some of them happening later, in our life. It may be related to us or may be not. But there we are witnessing it happen and wondering why and how did we dream that incident days, months or years back.


I dream a lot. I being a funny, stupid dreamer, mostly, I dream bollywood film scenes [of course in colour] and very much sci-fi things. Two days back I dreamt that BMW cars were growing in my backyard as pumpkins do!!! And one BMW was 31 years old, growing in my backyard!!! Gosssh!! Aren’t I thinking much forward in time????Image


 


One advantage with my dreaming is that , at that instant, I wake up and tell about my dream vividly to whoever sleeping beside me. And then I go back to sleeping. So next time, when I wake up, I wouldn’t have any idea, what I dreamt. But my roomie/whoever-sleeps-with-me will know what I dreamt!!!


 


My ex-roomie, priya knows well about my aamir khan-juhi chawla, abhishek bachan-rani dreams. I used to see a complete song sequence in dreams. Eg: “Akele hain to kya gham hain…. and yeh hawayein..zulfon mein tere..". I have seen them completely in two separate dreams!


 


But there is also a darker side to my dreams.


 


Sometimes, very rarely I dream death.


 


My earliest memory goes back to school. I was staying at my mom’s family home. One day I saw the death of an old man in my dream and as usual I woke up and told about it to my dad (who was sleeping near me). I gave him all the details like, his home is opposite my dad’s family home, and it’s a 2 storied building and that he has a habit of walking in the balcony with a newspaper in his hand. Funny part was that I have never seen this house in reality. I went back to sleep and in the morning, later I couldn’t remember it.


 


Two months later my dad came and told me, that man you dreamt died yesterday. And I was like “Who? What?”. And he told me the story. There WAS a house like that opposite his family home [where I used to go once in a year for vacation]. There was also this old man who is my dad’s friend’s father, living there. [He came there lately from his daughter’s house, so I have never seen him]. Dad didn’t give many details and we didn’t discuss it further.


 


Now, coming to present, 3 months back I dreamt that one of the Malayalam film actresses died. Again I told the details to my hubby and slept. Next day he told me that, I had told him that she is going to die, and the latest Malayalam serial in which she was working is going to stop midway [I have NEVER SEEN that serial in my entire life!!!] . My hubby, being his first experience with me, mocked at me, as long as he can.


 


After 3 weeks we heard in news that this actress is bed-ridden and the projects in which she was working are being stopped. Now that made his mocking, less. Day before yesterday he called me, and told me “Did you read malayala manorama? “[online Malayalam daily]. And I said no. “She is dead. The actress you told about, 3 months back”. And I didn’t say anything.


I really really hope I don’t see such dreams in future!


Now my biggest fear is what if I start dreaming about the death of whom I am close with???


 


note: the actress was Sreevidya.


 


27 comments:

  1. I think it's a series of communications you are getting... as long as you don't 'fight' them and allow the communications to go on. after some time (could be years) the meanings will begin to get clearer.
    Nothing at all to be scared of, it appears that you have a good 'connect'! See it as a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to prefer you with a counselling or a book named about dreams by Sigmund fraued

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god! i know..i read about it in the papers today... I'm a weird dreamer too..the worst dream i ever had was one where i was going in a bus and the bus went over a bunch of people and I saw body parts and blood all over the road..i woke up and vomitted and fell ill! i dont know why i dreamt of that! gawwwddd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i have only one wish....
    please dont dream about me :) ha ha ha

    it was a shock to read about SriVidya this morning.

    but back to your dreams. It is interesting, but i have no idea, what why.
    keep making a note of these, and see if there is a pattern.
    there are things that science still has no answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some times Dreams will come true.

    99% dreams will be connected to with our connections only. What ever we think more or we like more, those will stay in our sub conscious mind and those will reflect as dreams. Example amirkhan, abhishek bachan, rani mukharjee etc., etc.,

    In my openion, We have to see the dreams as dreams only. We should not thinnk more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi, I have had similar experience, but only connected with myself. Never about unknown people. I have dreamt of things about which I had no idea at the time and which dyas later, months later or sometimes years later happened the same way. Some dreams are NOT merely dreams. There is something more to it. It is indeed an ability to connect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swathi,
    I can fully understand you.For me it happened only once.you know CA is known for Earthquakes, So somewhere in my mind, I always have the fear of facing an Earthquake. 3month back(I f i rem correctly) I had a dream that earthquake hit CA & Me & my brother were struggling in the middle of Tsunami .However I can hear sound of my son & mom next to a wall.As you told, I woke up from my dream & told the whole incident to my husband, so that I'll feel some relif.Boy, my husband was shocked next morning seeing news on the internet, the time I was dreaming abt Tsunami, an earthquake struck Indonesia & they had Tsunami.Weird!!Now my friends over here asks me to give'em a warning If I see eathquake dreams again....!!!God, i don't want to see one again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is spooky...... I can still feel the tingling in my leg...which strated while I was reading the blog...
    I know one of my aunts... her dreams about death comes true... but they are limited to people in the neighbourhood she used to live in, when she was in India... and i thought since she was so popular there, maybe everyone on there deathbed remebered her... and she had some telepathic sense...
    but dreaming about an actress??
    well i do believe thjere are channels of conciousness... i do belive in supernatural...
    and I sincerely pray swathi, you never have to face such a nightmere... my best wishes are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Growing BMW's in your backyard!! LOL....

    I hardly remember my dreams, the recurring one is that of flying... and of losing fav' things, people... :( Dont know what they mean...

    ReplyDelete
  10. swathy some times my mom dreams like you and after some months it will happen. But i don't hava any such experience.Nowdays i don't get enough sleep also. so no time for seeing dreams. I like bmw cars growing on ur backyard. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually don't remember my dreams...rarely even if
    I remember, I can't make any sense out of them...

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmm ..can relate to that highly !...i remember my dreams so godo that i hate it nowadays !...BMW in background !..Phew !..that was something !...

    There are so many questions that we dont find answers to ..let them be like that !..the answers are not meant to be found !...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember my dreams... pretty eerie and pretty confusing....

    The Srividya one truly shocked me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have very weird dreams too...but nothing i dreamt actually happened...(thank God for that). I used to dream about me being a detective and the dream would continue the next night if it ended abruptly. I learnt in psycholgy last year that this happens in reverie..maybe you don't realize it but you are actually thinking about it...As for your dream about death is concerned i am 'speechless'....prophet Swathi.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have an opportunity to be a superhero, it reminds me of that programme called "Early edition", here the guy gets the newspaper of tomorrow, today.

    And he goes out saving them.

    So its a blessing in disguise my dear.

    Bravo Swathi!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And the BMWs in your backyard, hmmm I think I can interpret that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two days back I dreamt that BMW cars were growing in my backyard as pumpkins do!!! And one BMW was 31 years old, growing in my backyard!!!:))


    Shocked to read abt ur True Dreams... yes it can happen...i beleive u..but please take care Swati...will pray for u to get ridden from them .... yes i do agree with Chese....there are so many question which we don't have any answer....should left behind...

    Take care n Happy Diwali

    ReplyDelete
  18. sometimes i love my dreams, sometimes i hate them, and then dread them!
    there was this dream where i was eating stones to become strong.lol

    happy diwali!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. That's pretty powerful. I also had a couple of dreams here and there about strange things. But never about people that I didn't have a connection with. The two things that came true were about my mom and my sister.

    As Sankaran says, it's a communication channel. It's not good bad or evil, it just is. So if you keep it open, you will probably get a better understanding over time of what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  20. *smiles* You know very well about my dreaming, rt? *grins*
    Its still pending for me to go there!

    Love,
    Aswathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I understand, Swathi..! I've been through similar experience, most of it related to my family, but it all occured before the event in real life. I can relate to what you're saying. Sometimes, I really dread having dreams..! Reminds me of Macbeth's tale..! Looks like we've a lot in common wherein dreams are concerned...!

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its said that, if any one dreams of the death of a person, he/she is going to live for more time. And, also its supposed to good luck. The thing which happens to you, happens to very few people, almost negligible. Might be, you are not a normal human being, but with some powers...

    Talking about BMW growing in backyard, please send one to my dream, so that i can roam in it :)
    Song sequence is just amazing. I never had such dreams. I only have action dreams most of the times. Either someone chasing me or me chasing someone. Death dreams i had sometimes, but it was just a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Now my biggest fear is what if I start dreaming about the death of whom I am close with???"

    Hopefully Srividya's incident is a freak coincidence.
    Don't give much thought and get upset.
    As Selliyod mentioned,take it as a blessing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. sankaran: i fear that i am "fighting" them!!!. but i will try not to...at least from now!

    pugazh: do u really think so??

    Jo:oh..that was a horrible dream, u had...i pray that it will never become true!

    CK:i try not to dream about you..;-) no pattern, yet....but i know certain things are left unexplained.

    raj:i am trying not to think more about them.

    shail:u must have had de javu too...aint u? till now i am at peace cos i never dream about me...
    ability to connect? *wondering*

    vani:oh...after so many mths, u commenting on my page!!! Tsunami... o God! i pray i dont see any calamities!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovleen: even i do believe in telepathy..(or whatever name given). lots of thots are transferred between me and mom (only one way, ie mom receives) like that way!

    sab:yea BMWs..as though nothign less value is grown in backyards!!!!

    anju:sleep well....u may start dreaming too...

    sindhug::-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. cheeze: u r rite. but if i could really grow BMWs in my backyard!!! WOW!!!

    arffiiie:it shocked me too....

    flo:dreams in episodes..thats the first time, i am hearing that!!!!!!! oh! and i never want to be a prophet!!!! ignorance are a bliss for me. 90%

    anel:i have seen that film! no superhero....no man!!! never!
    so, whats that abt BMWs???

    anu:(((HUGS))))) and thanks!

    shruti:eating stones?????? hmmmm.... may be that i can explain..he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  27. to be very frank i dont believe in dreams...they are just residue thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...