Friday 2 November 2007

Diary of a perturbed woman!


Diary of a perturbed woman, living alone in Ireland [husband is in India]!

Day1 : The morning when I opened the tap, it was like a deja vu of my age-old experiences with The Kerala Water Works! Not a drop of water. That was Kerala. This is Ireland .We dont panic in Kerala, we are so used to it. No water? Fine, there is a well at home or may be in any of the neighboring houses. But wells in Ireland??? No way!

I ran to our neighbors. No one has a drop of water. Fine, so it’s not due to our tank problems. Ran to ‘Super valu’ and bought two 10 litre cans of water.

NOTE: In Ireland, we don’t have to pay for tap water. It is a free commodity, as long as it is available. So, for the first time in Ireland I had to spent money for water! Great!

Water came late in the evening. Now, I always have an emergency water storage kept.


Day2: Gardai (Irish police) issued a new rule for prosecuting provisional license holders driving without a full license holder. It was to be implemented overnight. (In Ireland public transport is almost zero. If you don’t have a car, you are absolutely stuck. Buses are very rare, and trains rarer! ) And I am a provisional license holder. What luck! When my husband will be back, I will be in Gardai Station waiting for bail!

NOTE: On extreme public protest they took back the rule after one day!


Day3: In office, things were getting entirely out of control. I was being pulled by three different managers as I was covering for my colleagues who were on holidays. After getting so pissed off being ‘the doormat’ that I made this photo to make my point. While I was working on it, Mr. E happened to see and he dared me to make that picture my desktop or to take a print out of it and stick it on my cubicle front. I almost did! Well, I didn’t.


Day 4: Once I started living alone, I stopped cooking at home. Suddenly I found that I could live with just 2 slices of brown bread a day! And I don’t have to wash the plates. Wonderful! Result: dropped 2 kilos.


Day 5: My migraine got worse, and I had to take an overdose of Solpadeine. And then I found that more than 6 Solpadine a day can make you high! WOW! I was floating. I still don’t know how I didn’t crash my car into anything that evening.


Day6: Midlands’ biggest shopping centre opened. I am planning to spend my whole weekend there. One advantage of being alone here, you are not nagged by your husband to finish shopping within 15 minutes.


Day7: Tried to put my little finger into the big round plug point behind the coffee machine. Ms A yelled at me just like she yells at her own 2 yr old toddler. She was fuming at me for my stupidity! Still don’t know why I did that.


Day 8: Lying awake at 3 am, listening to radio. When did I last have lunch?. Is it just me or is the whole world going nuts?


Day 9: Husband phones and asks “Did Gardai catch you?”. Me: “not yet”. He: “When they catch you, talk to them in Malayalam”. He is so sure that I am going to get caught!


Day 10: Me phones and tell husband:

“My swimming classes will start on this Monday. If you find me missing when you return, first search Gardai Station, then swimming pool and then in the new shopping centre. If I am not found dead in any of those, I will be alive under my office desk.”


Day 11: the story continues…..

26 comments:

  1. and who said living alone is boring? ROTFLMAO... ur dayz r 'packed' now, rt :) enjoy the freedom, shop till u drop dead... and teh door mat - well, take aprintout and stick it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok my previous comment is not appearing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this.. I hope the Gardai station decides to close till your hubby comes home. :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. anoop: eeehhh... does this look like my diary... errr.. its not my diary, u know..*winks*

    mithuna: i am fine... this is about some confused woman! not me... :-)

    shail: yea, she is the dumbest one, isnt she? again, its not me..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilli Ant!

    BTW, hats off to your husband's patience, he waits 15 minutes in a shop???

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL at sankummans comment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hei Swathi

    I think that this must the ab fave of mine on all of your entries!!
    New shopping centre, eh!! Interesting now.
    HUGZ from Rii xx

    Keep so safe and well.

    PS. Why was the water cut off for it does not happen often in there, though?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time ....waiting for the rest of the week to enfold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a nice week end at Midland....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic few days and exciting as well.......U didnt get bored did you? Loads of activities.....What else? Anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  11. :)Enjoy your free time ,Girl.Just don't put your finger into plug holes again.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every single day was UNIQUE!!! Had loads of fun reading it..waiting for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats the most I've laughed this week Swathi, err are you not making any more entries?? OMG does that mean the dreaded "G" word????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG Swats this is hilarious! I loved loved it loved. I will be back to comment properly. Just peeked in here.. gotta rush downstairs to burn the.. ahem cook the dinner. I'll be back though - I loved it loved it. Mwaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahahahaha..........
    I am still laughing lol:-))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  16. My will to live has gone... I typed such a wonderful heartfelt response to this blog and it has been eaten before I saved it. I will be BACK and I WILL COMMENT ON THIS BLOG BECAUSE I AM SO IN LOVE WITH IT I WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE HERE! So there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok.. going to try to comment now.

    To think that for all that rain you have to store emergency water!!

    I have a provisional licence and how I would love to drive on that without having to take the dreaded test!! This too after 15 years of driving experience in Bahrain its like writing a novel, being asked if I know my ABCs!

    Lol at the brown bread. I remember when I first lived on moved into my own flat, when I got home from work, I was starving hungry and the fridge and cupboards were bare. I drove around (proper licence) and finally stopped at a supermarket where I stared at different kinds of foods and was tooo hungry to decide and ended up buying bread and butter which then became my dinner and dessert for the night.

    Now I want to have a migraine so I can test out this solpadeine for the 'high' effect!!

    When I read this last night I was ROFLMAO at //I still don't know why I did that// Swats you have a real gift for humour writing. I love that statement - the honesty is what is so funny. SO many times in my life I have thought that about myself!

    Lol Lol Lol at talking to the police in Malayalam. I have to remember to try that. With my luck, being London, there will be one police officer among the lot who will understand me!

    Ok.. now.. highlighting, right click, copy,... going to try to hit Post Comment now I have copied this comment. Really what I wrote in response/comment last night had a lot more enthusiasm (my immediate reaction from the first read) than today.... but I love love love this and look forward to the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. :) ha ha, loved it

    ReplyDelete
  19. evth but the migraine is funny. PLease take care of that... and till Hubby's back ... chillax with all those fun ..
    LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. sankaran: now that u asked it, the exact time w/o complaints is 2 minutes, after 10 mts of fighting , i will get 3 more minutes, which makes a total of 15 mts.

    anooj: dont worry.. still alive and kicking!!!

    anoop: pacha plaavilae, dont laugh!

    Rii: water cut off never happens here...but as it happened, i lost trust now!

    D lee: rest of the week didnt get any worse, thankfully!

    sunder: i did have... thank you!

    rajashree: didnt get bored... not yet.. how can i?

    ReplyDelete
  21. rajni: i didnt put my finger inot plug point after that!

    amrita: next part?want to see me killed?

    manju: more entries??? hmmm... wait till i go thru my first swimming class. with my present luck, i should be given CPR after it!

    chandra: lol @ some one else's stupidities?

    Mina: dear Mina, when i read ur comment, for the first time in 2 weeks i thought "if i can get comments like this, my life wouldnt be as bad as it feels to me!" honestly Mina, ur comment is worth all the stupidity I went through!
    u would know how HARD it is to get full license here! u would know how yucky brown bread tastes! u would know how traffic cops can get u... u know everything... haaa.... what a relief!!!!
    ((((((((((((((squuezing hugs))))))))))))

    Mak: it sure is for you... not for me...

    vinita: every one is laughing! i wonder why?

    pinx: thanks, migraine didnt come yet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. arre nahi..when u said the story continues i thot..maybe some more is left for u to share.Anyways..hope u are keeping urself fine :-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...