Friday 12 October 2007

Circulating Clooney..


Ok.. That’s it. I am back. Today Shail aunty was asking me when I am going to be back from hibernation and I was replying “hmmm… don’t know.. may be after some more time. “. And only yesterday I got a mail from Mina telling me that she is impressed that I have kept myself away from y360! Retracting everything I had decided, look at me, I am back again, like the black sheep who went in search of greener pastures and came back home only to find the relation between grass and green…(ohh.. its that same old story!)

Now what triggered me to come back was a celebrity. [God… I still haven’t gotten over the “thing” for celebrities!] But it’s not me, this time, who is salivating over celebrities- at least not at this particular time. One of my female colleagues (let us call her ‘A’), adores George Clooney. She is a very sporty girl, not a girlie-girlie type, but more of a tomboyish. When other girlie-girlies, like me of course, go on raving non-stop about the new shopping centre about to open in our town, she will be sitting quietly. [‘R’ was even thinking of telling my manager to give us all womenfolk, paid-leave on that day when Ireland’s biggest shopping centre opens in our town, next month].

Once ‘R’ and I even asked ‘A’ why doesn’t shopping makes her high. And I will never forget the ‘look’ she gave me! The next thing I remember is ‘R’ running away from her for her dear life. I couldn’t run because I am sitting next to her. She is one hell of a girl. So when she started sighing on Clooney, I was thinking… so she is like us… [except for the shopping addiction, of course!]

So, for the past 2 weeks my inbox is being bombarded by her, with George Clooney’s pictures. The subject varying from “Embodiment of Perfection” (he sure was, in that photo), “To Brighten your day” (and it brightened my day!), even to “The Real Man” (which I forwarded to my hubby, hoping he wouldn’t forward Jordan’s picture to me..LOL..) and “ONLY screen savers to have” (I wanted to, but on second thoughts, dropped the idea for obvious reasons!). I wouldn’t lie. I am sure an ardent admirer of beauty in all forms. That includes everything that can make a feast to my eyes – nature, food, clothes, human beings everything… Clooney comes in that scale of course, but still there are some other celebrities I really admire, for beauty.

So, last day I went to her desk to have a peek at her collection of Clooney photos. He is gorgeous, of course. And we were discussing about his divorce, bachelorhood, and latest girlfriend when she showed me some pictures of players in Spanish league. And I was bowled over. I asked her “Are Spanish men always so gorgeous?” (Of course I didn’t have any idea about it!). It was almost like watching “Miss World” pageant, but with male contestants!!! And she was smiling at me with that “all-knowing” look.

Now it has become a joke among us girls here - circulating Clooney pictures. Honestly, I love it. Now, I want to find some one on my own, so that I can circulate his pictures to them, in return. [Does any body else's heart skip a beat on Lorenzo Lamas... ?? or is that just mine?]

After all we are all girlie-girlie types… and now I know for sure that we are from Venus..

23 comments:

  1. Welcome back, yes!
    And yes we are from Venus all right;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't resist a quick look in here... FTC (fourth to...) Welcome back and what a come back .. with Clooney no less! You know, I have a colleague here who says she has a picture of him on her bedside table. She has convicned herself she will meet him one day. Its her fantasy and her dream so why restrict herself eh? We all fully support her as much as we tease her. We better not introduce your colleague to my colleague though.

    For me, its this actor called Mark Ruffalo! More later.. going back to work now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg welcome back HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Swathi Dear

    You are so WELCOME back,Gal!
    Clooney - yes, very easy on the eyes, indeed so he is.
    My surgeon who operated me gallstones is an even better version on Dear George, by the way. This is the link to the entry on the same if you wish to read: http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-L.4Ja7wjcq_FIYh4LliFReM-?cq=1&p=8471

    I was hoping that the different colour words - aka pics of him would lead to the pics! :)

    Have a super duper weekend. Rii xx HUGZ

    PS.
    I think that Jordan looks are not so good-looking at all, at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm... kollam.... george clooney yude time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. and chemmen chadiyal muttolam, allenkil chatti vare... so welcome back to chatti....

    ReplyDelete
  7. sankaran: thank you..and CONGRATS on ur nomination!

    Rajni: thanks dear!

    anoop: :-)

    Mina: On yes Mina, we better keep those Clooney fans away from each other! Mark Ruffalo?? hmm...
    psst... mine is Lorenzo Lamas...
    ((((hugs))))

    Rii: I read that blog.... i am sure you didnt need any anesthesia for that surgery **winks** Jordan is not good-looking, but a good page-3 girl, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clooney!!!! Mmmm.....


    BTW where does Anooj find all these mallu sayings?? Chemmen chaadiyal mmuttolam allengil chatti vare. Hmm.. kollamallo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo.. now why didn't I notice the links before. I checked them out now and undeniably he's good looking, but doesn't do anything for me which our two friends will be pleased to hear I'm sure. Lorenzo.. wow, thats a name I haven't heard in a long time. I remember him from a TV series of long ago called Falcon Crest. I used to love the 'bad guy' Richard something or the other in that! I don't know why but this guy makes my heart go thud thud thud thud ... etc http://www.moono.com/html/mark-ruffalo/mark-ruffalo-pictures-23760.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only time I ever admired George Clooney's looks was in "From Dusk Till Dawn..."

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6387019223230858663&q=dusk+to+dawn&total=1128&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

    ReplyDelete
  11. WELCOME BACK!! You were missed!!! It does good to get away from 360 for a while dosn't it?

    hmmmmm George Clooney?? I use to live close to hem but never met hem. So sad....Thats one that got away...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome Back!!! LOL, I am a little like your A. I shop only when I need to(like needing to go to the loo kind of Need). Clooney and Lamas are good looking guys, cant deny that(just dont tell my husband I said so) Hmm celebrity drools and eye candy..lets see if I can come up with names.. Olivier Martinez, Gerard Butler, Oded Fehr, Tom Selleck, Denzel Washington. Will come back when my brain cells are working.(giggles)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back, Swats...! This is really a cute, truly girlie post..! :D

    What about our superstars..? ;)

    ~Devi~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank God you didn't mention MS Dhoni... else we would have you-know-who jumping all over the place...

    and lol@"Chemmeen...chatti vare!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know Swathi... whenever my folks pester me for marriage, I tell them - "All the good guys are either taken, gay or too old for me"... and it goes for George Clooney... *sigh*

    George Clooney is one of the topics that I and my mom constantly fight about... you can hear things like "he is too old for you" and "he is too young for you" during those fights... Goes to show how many generations of women love him... Jee... I guess I am making Clooney a really old guy out here... ;-D...

    My ideal guy in looks have to be some one like Ravi Shastri, Kabir Bedi, Richard Gere, M S Dhoni [fluttering eyelashes].... the masculine and strong types... and Lorenzo is getting there... ;-D... hahaha... I love this post... it brings out the girlie girl in me... LOL!!


    I couldnt help laughing at Kannan's comment in here.... LOL!!... some sense of humour there!

    And Sankaran Uncle...... "you-kno-who" is here..... LOL!!..

    ReplyDelete
  16. really very glad that you are back swathi.... {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally, something made u come back at this old stop. Not sure about Clooney... I am so desi at heart that I feel too satisfied seeing SRK doing dard-e-disco ... u can blame it on my closed mind....

    yes, still inside that closet... hope someday can talk on Hollywood celebrities...

    ReplyDelete
  18. After logging off, i took the newspaper, and in the entertainment section, clooney face was staring at me...some info about him...

    Clooney always takes risks. He dumped the director during his films three Kings. He suffered serious illness when making syriana. And he mortgaged his house for 4 million pounds to make Good Night and Good Luck. But it seems there's one thing that clooney wont Risk - That is marriage..

    Some message there na...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...