Thursday 6 September 2007

London Photoblog- 2

London Bridge and Tower Bridge
---------------------------------------------
I thought that these two bridges are same. In fact I had never heard of Tower Bridge. Only when I saw them, I found that they were different. Both are across River Thames and are parallel to each other. The Tower Bridge seems to be the old London Bridge , which is the one in the nursery rhyme "London Bridge is falling down". (Please correct me, if I am wrong!)


This is the London Bridge, which looks very ordinary to me....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some views of London from the London Eye(Millenium Wheel)..
Here,on the right hand side, you can see Westminster Abbey and Big Ben. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



This is the Tower Bridge , may be named after the London Tower.. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
With HMS Belfast , in the back ground..

...and if you are not convinced that it is called Tower Bridge....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Windsor Castle near the London Tower, across R.Thames.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Waterloo Station

Note: Sony DSC SR-32 resolution is 640 x 480 . Hence the grains...
We have given back the camera, anyway.

More next time.....

24 comments:

  1. I don't think I need to visit London after this amazing photo tour!! Thank you Swathi-kutty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo moi FTC too? "mwah how do you do it, girl??!!"..sorry was talking to myself ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed THE Tour Guide we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome views of London! I enjoyed the photo blog Swathi. The beautiful river Thames and the famous London bidges, they are such a wonderful sight just as the vast blue sky. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks once again for a Virtual tour of London.

    I was wondering how come Swathi grown taller between two blogs! then only noticed you are standing on the Kerb!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddy; Maddy do u really know how it feels to be on the edge of 5ft?
    In my office I almost get cramps everyday trying to get tissues from the coffee cupboard, they always put it on the top most... and others just watch me laughing...
    in my kitchen the topmost cupboard shelf is vacant and hence useless...
    in gym, i have to adjust the height of almost all equipments...
    ..the list goes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog revoked my memories about my London visit. Awesome photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this foto blog says me...dont go to London..
    Its a gloomy....place ...to visit..
    Hey..when U took these fotos..evening??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hei Swathi

    Great tour so twas!!
    Remember them places really well.
    Keep so well and safe.
    HUGZ from Rii xx

    Brilliant to hear that the LBD is sorted out in your mind now, so the next time you see these letters on Hello! or OK! - you will know exactly what they are talking 'bout!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw both the blogs and i shld thank u for taking me there. No i didnt feel it virtual at all. Now i am thinking of cutting out London from my list and visiting some other place instead as i have visited it for free. Ah dont think that i am a kanjoose. Kanjoose and me no way. Money in my hands will vanish in mins and may b thats why i dont see it much in my hands LOL Wow gal nice pics and great views. Forget the clarity. Its not ur mistake. Camera was jealous of u. Amazing angles and gal u too 5ft? :-D geeeeeeeee gimme a huggy :-D Lub u :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this Tower tour of the city!! Lovely pics... and good you returned that grainy pics giver! Get a canon or nikon! Will write to you in detail...

    ReplyDelete
  12. kollallo videon... nokkikko i will be going to london and i will post much clearr picture with a nice camera... nokkikko...

    ofcourse in my dream blog... afterall i have got a 'grainy' picture of what all to see in London...

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, nice knowing about the bridge. Even I thought Tower Bridge to be the only London BRidge, the same mentioned in the nursery rhyme ....

    Indeed informative. Thanks 4 sharing, waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahha Thanks for nice photo trip to us... :P...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot Swati, for this wonderful virtual trip. You have a keen eye for photography. The clouds over the Tower bridge is just superb.You have captured the historic city in all its glory. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    Vinod

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always thought that the tower bridge was London bridge...thanks for getting that facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice pics Madam!! And as i had told..u clicked every step you took :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had heard so much about the Eye of London ... now I've seen it too !!! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two years back I was in London with family for a holiday tour. But we've missed the Millennium wheel trip. This blog brought back the memories of my London trip.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great pics...and i loved the one with both of u and u standing on the platform.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks a lot for the London tour...

    ReplyDelete
  22. So now Ic can say I toured London;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow... loved all the photos... and seriously is this the "london bridge" which was falling down..falling down.. falling down...

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...