Monday 9 April 2007

Beautiful Easter!


I am so thankful to all my friends (y360 and others) who prayed for me,who cared for me, who inquired about me, who missed me alot, who send me wishes, and finally to all who thought "thank God, that finally she is off!". **winks**

Its not for the first time that I am realizing that ‘bed rest’ is NOT at all a R-E-S-T. it is a mental torture! I should have known that better, when I was literally strapped to the bed, for nearly 5 months, staring at stark white walls above me, 4 yrs back. But this time it wasn’t that horrible. (thank heavens!). Still, it was never a piece of cake or for that matter , even a ginger biscuit, for a hyperactive mind like mine. It always puzzles me why my body and mind never work in harmony.

As it was Easter, we had the longest weekend ever, after Christmas. From Friday till Monday, it was 4 days long. And the weather was heavenly. So sunny, up to 13-15 deg C. I shouldn’t have asked for more.. err.. except for my ‘bed rest‘. But it was ok. I had plans to visit Ring of Kerry, and had even took all the print out and stuff and enquired about the B&Bs. But my GP was adamant that I shouldn’t sit for more than one hr continuously, and Co. Kerry was 3.5 hrs drive long from our home. Finally, in my hubby’s promise that we will take annual leave and visit Kerry later, I found solace.

But the medicines I took were too strong. Non steroidal anti inflammatory thingies, muscle relaxants and ulcer-preventives(because of the anti inflammatory stuff). It made my pain disappear within 10 minutes. But it also made me drowsy like hell. First 2 days, each day, I watched three DVDs I bed. It made me sick. Saturday, I begged my husband to take me out. Thankfully, it was very sunny then, that finally I could feel my cheeks burn, after months.

It was just the start of the spring. But every single bush, tree and shrubs had flowers.



Rii, told me this plant is called "Gorse" (I didn't know that!)



We just went to town, which is just15 minutes drive from our home(not considering traffic blocks). River Shannon separates our home and town centre aka Irishtown.






On the right side is R.Shannon.


Shannon river flows through the centre of Athlone town, may be that’s why all the swans over there are very friendly with humans. As far as I know, those swans are not protected by government. They are just like the wild ducks and gulls. One of my friends told me that she and her granddaughter used to feed old bread to swans regularly that finally they started feeding directly from the kids hands.
So, I always take bread with me, to them.









And do, I get tired of wide open fields and sheep grazing? Never.. never.. never..


And those winding lonely paths? Never!



And that is me by R.Shannon in twilight...



he he he.....don't be deceived... I am still under prescription drugs to numb pain...

But to feel happy, pain is not at all a hindrance!!!

note: my GP just told me that I need one more week of bed rest.... so till then...byee..



24 comments:

  1. Good to see you recovering. and yeah the long weekend was quite relaxing... we had just for 3 days till sunday.

    The pics are wonderful as ever, specially the swan ones... it looks like some painting... it's treat to eyes for desi Indians like me... who has only visited Bhutan (yeah on picnic trip)....

    Take care, relax, love your medicine.... and Keep smiling just the way u r in the last pic...

    yeah, we're here thinking and praying for your well-being.

    regards, Love
    Swati.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take rest baba! I am myslef in a slightly similar situation, beinf=g on bed 'arrest' and the subsequent torture of being able to do nothing, well nearly nothing.
    Those pics, as always are stunning, and the captions really add to the excitement...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei Swathi.

    BRILLIANT that you are back with your back! Keep keeping better...

    I just like the Gorse - the yellow plants behind you on the first photo
    and also the avatar one where you are standing in front of them!

    Take care. Rii xx

    PS. Does not look very green yet over there, eh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Rii, Gorse!!!
    I didn't know its name...thanks for enlightening me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are better darlin!! Have missed your lovely blogs!! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back....:) Good to see you back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)
    nic pics... n take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks God you are back.. and as usual.. lovely pics swathi..

    u take care n dont roam around too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to have you back but don't overstress yourself. Infact don't stress yourself at all... And thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    Sabiha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics!Glad you r back & yes don't strain yourself too much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Take care and dont strain yourself until the pain gets over completely... a lil more patience and prayers and then you can run and jump around like before! *smiles*

    Please please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi..I'm sorry i didn't know about your illness earlier. I just read your last 2 blogs. Hope you feel fit soon...And yeah...lovely pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Swathi, jnaan angu varatte?? GulF Airil?? Your place is sooooooo beautiful!! And I can bring some fish pickle!! *wink*
    BTW nice to see you recovering!! ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adutha thavana Trivandruthu varumbol, aa open fieldil kaanunna oru undapakru sheepine konduvarumo?? Tedddyykkum, Pinkiekkum Camlikkum oru koottaakum!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Felt nice after reading your blog. Hope you recover soon and Im sure it must have definetly felt good after going out after tht hectic bedrest :).

    Get well soon dear. God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey swathi... Just got to know about it... Get well soon!!!! Lovely pictures....and I loved the last sentence :)
    take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely pics....

    Get well soon yaar...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to hear you are feeling better:)

    Lovely pictures...

    Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the pictures, there is something about spring that I love. Maybe the rebirth of everything. Good to know you are feeling better. It is easy and relax.
    sophia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Enikku nalla deshyam varununde. Pain killer ore valiya para aaa, edukkathirikkan pattathilla, pek she rest is a must for the disc to resolve. Dont take risks. Look after yourself first. Or ???????

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh take good good care... and feel good

    Well and those pics lovly as usual :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. kewl pics i luved da 2nd 1:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. n also da last but 1 pic is gr8!!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...