Thursday 25 May 2006

First Pay Day!


Today is my first salary day, here, in Ireland. I am as excited as a fresher from college who is about to get her first salary from her first job. Technically, this is my third job and ‘n-th’ salary. My first salary was 2500 Indian Rupees (45 Euros). Now that was back in December 1999. I got it on Christmas eve as a cheque, placed on my desk. That was the first time, I ever felt that I have some value or dignity. I felt like a worm till then.


 


 It really gave a big boost to my self-confidence. That was the ever memorable Christmas eve for me. I came late that evening, from work, with my first pay cheque, and God! Wasn’t that a wonderful feeling! On the way I saw the whole town about to celebrate Christmas and I felt a kind, soothing warmth covering my heart. On reaching home, I gave the cheque to mom, and she gave it back to me.


 


I don’t remember my first salary on second job. L I was too busy into the project then that I rarely noticed pay day coming and then going!


 


Now its May 2006.  Almost 6 yrs have gone. Still the excitement seems unchanged. I have so many plans for my first half salary (I started working only from May 15!). After 20% emergency tax cut down from it, there won’t be much left, I suppose, still whatever left, gives me excitement. (I still don’t know how much!).


 


I am so excited!!! I called mom and told her that, today my first salary will get credited to my bank account. I wanted to let her know. And I feel simply, so happy and satisfied!!!


And I want to scream aloud! “ Hey world…I love you so much! “.


 


I know it sounds silly…but happiness knows no silliness!!


Note:The pic is my original online bank statement , after I had my first salary transaction. The figures are blackened for privacy LOL!!

18 comments:

  1. Hey..u didn't mention your salary! :))
    Never mind...we want chelavu...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh wow... it's party time... tell me the venue of the party... LOL :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah it feels gr8...few things make u feel like a child....they rn't really tht silly..:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog reminded my first salary Rs.250.At that time I was proud to stand on my own leg. Congrats Swathi. My wishes for your continuous happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Swathi... hope u hav gr8 tym ahead :) Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First salary !...woah !...thats a damn gr8 feelin !...hey whenz the treat ?

    Congrats yaar !....have a nice time thre !

    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  8. prasanth---oh! didnt i?..it is **44 £. Fill the * with digits.You seem the one who can give wonderful and mind-blogging interpretations, rite? clue:that digit has very significance in my life!

    rinku---party?its my half salary..lemme get my full one!

    lisa--thanks!


    jyothi---thanks for being supportive!

    sekhar--we match in our first salary amount.just one zero less,isnt it? and thanks alot.

    sab--thank you!

    honey--thanks..i hope too..

    cheeze--yea,it sure is. and thanks alot..what did i hear? is it "..eat"? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. All excited huh? Good for you...go out and enjoy...and like Prasanth, lemme ask, 'When is the chelavu??' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats.....n have fun...

    well me...when i got my 1st salary in 1999...i bought gift for my Loving Mom and Ganeshjee for my Mandir....

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah !..i am ready to eat " anything " if its ur ( TR )eat ...

    Anything : which doesn't bite back !... ;-) ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first salary gives a sense of achievement. And then we look for pay rise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congradts, nothing like earning your own money. Very exhilarating indeed. I remember the first time too. I really enjoyed spending every Rupee of it. I hope that the salary you get in Ireland is sufficient to maintain a decent standard of living which gives you self respect in not having to depend on anybody else. and when you go up in life be kind to the beginers and strugglers. regards Jacob.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey hey.... congrats gal!
    The digits in the figures should increase with time and hardwork! what say?

    damn... hearing the bank account statement thru phone every month, is a joy of its own... you feel proud of yourself! I still get highs from it! And I dont think I will ever loose its thril! LOL

    Anywayz, congrats and best wishes,
    God bless,
    Aswathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. shail--thanks!!! any time, ur all welcome to my home, will give chelavu !

    Anu---thanks dear! thats so nice of u...and we both had our first salary in 1999, great!

    cheeze---u r always welcome to my home!!!

    SANTOSH ---pay rise!! may be not in near future!

    Jacob---thanks alot! yea, nothing like standing on ur own feet! yea, salary in Ireland, is sufficient for me to save even some thousand euros per month, after my expenses.i am always kind to beginners, cos i have always seen myself in them!

    Aswathy----thanks! digits wont increase much frequently, as increments are not much here (thats whats the inside talk!) still i have hope! currently my salary is OK, as I come under high tax category here! (which is not good though!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Now, you can work towards ur hike ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Which organisation? And nature of experise?

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...