Monday 6 March 2006

A Man with God's Hands!



Part I



 


I am hooked onto History Channel, now a days…esp “Biography”. I think I have got addicted to it. I marked the beginning with Adolf Hitler, which was just an accident. Then came “Bennito Mussolini”, another accident. After that I got hooked to it. I saw “Mikhail Gorbachev” and “Nancy Reagan”. Now mind you, I am craving for “biographies”. I really should have taken History for graduation.


Now a days they have this special “episode week” on prophecies, religious prophesies. So, this time, they were analyzing “the Revelation” part, in Bible, and analyzing each and every prophecy, mentioned in it with the rise and fall of Saddam Hussain(???), Anti Christ, and the Judgement Day. And mind you, hearing the narration and the analysis by the so-called “researchers” and “scholars”, have made me think about when the world is going to end and what am I supposed to finish, before that…poor me!Image


 



Part II



 


This is also the result of Discovery Channel. Actually, now a days, I watch only Nat Geo, History, Animal Planet and Discovery apart from cartoon network and pogo. Yea, I know my brain level oscillates from one extreme to another. Gosh my IQ can be anywhere b/w 5-32 Image!!!


 


There was this program on doctors in which they showed an interview with this Pediatric Plastic Surgeon.  Actually they showed a day in his clinic, with actual videos of his operations. When I first heard about his job, “Pediatric Plastic Surgeon”----I was thinking “O my god! They wont leave, even the kids now a days, do they????”. My first impression was that it was meant to make some starlet kids look perfect!!! Image


 


I was totally totally mistaken, when I saw this doc’s patients. They were babies born with very bad deformities in face. Some kids with no nose, some with nose and lips joined together, some with cleft lip, some with no palate at all…etc. I was stunned to see such terrible deformities in babies even under 6 months old. And this doc, he chose his patients from mostly African/Asian continents, where ordinary ppl are not aware, that these birth defects can be cured. Instead these babies are allowed to live with this , all their life.


 


There was this African baby girl, with nose and mouth joined into one big opening. After the operation, and of course after healing, do you know what her father said “Now, she is worth, a lot more cows!!!!!!”. It took me a sharp pang and 2 seconds to realize the deep meaning of that’s fathers words! She , who is just 1 yr old, is completely unaware of her transformation or her fathers, comments!


The documentary ended with that doctor’s comments:


 


"Beauty is skin deep,
Ugly is to the bone.
Beauty fades away,
But ugly hangs on."


 


In normal ways, I would never have supported his words. But after seeing what he did to her, and how her life got transformed, or how she was saved from life long humility, I would say, “God works thru his hands”. His mission is one of the best in the world, cos he choose his patients from the underprivileged and are from the most remote parts of the world. Some day I would really like to kiss those hands of him, I see them as God’s!



31 comments:

  1. I believe I've seen that episode you're talking about because I remember the words of that father. I'm pretty much hooked on The Science Channel and there was this show that was supposed to come on about a baby who was born without a face! but I missed it. :'( Christine saw the commercial and she said the baby had no eyes, nose or mouth. :-o

    There was this other show I watched speaking of meteors and such and they said there is one meteor destined to hit earth in 877 years... It does make you think sometimes. :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. there r gud programs in these channels but often there are repeated telecasts.biographies,medical detectives are some interesting programs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are so selfless so wonderful.... Really work hard for the betterment of people who are underprivelidged... We shud reallt thank these TV channels for popularizing such wonderful people...
    God bless all of them....

    And very nicely written Blog Swathi..... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kabhi kabhi hamara blog bhi dekha karo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy the history channel , some great shows at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ye swati i guess im still thinking. wonders of nature. but then ur part 1 of blog related to the ppl who lived their life such that it was a history for us and part 2 related to a single person who changes lives of small infants. I must admit i liked both the parts. :) still thinking. hey nice blog swati. im still thinking early morning huh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah i think God works through every selfless Dr's hands. By the way nice display image...But am missing that smile :) Anyway the praying baby is supurb here. its touching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like wacthing discovery and geographica ohh wow man i enjoyed wacthing history even history subject im too much interested...heheheh nice one my dear swathzzzzzz


    hugs
    krizz

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never watch tv, so, dont know much about the programs...but this seems to be good programs... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Part1:
    I too love history, but watching TV is very rare opportunities for me... So no discovery, BBC, etc.,...
    All I do is read... love to read more, so no accidents... it will be incidents...

    Part2:
    I love your thoughts... I expressed that the God is doing his job through the doctor's hand... Good way of thinking...
    Try to explore more in this world, you can find more actions of God as you find in his God...
    May God bless you, to realise more of Himself...

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice one swathi,i too watched that hitler and bible one,i never watch this history channel but some times i do attracted to that depending on the program,i watch max animal planet.
    “God works thru his hands” is very much true ,he made us,and everthing we do and everything we had done r done thru god hands only, i belive that ,hope u also belive that:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. girly u watch too much of tv...its injurious to health:d

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Girl,
    Really nice article, yes, god really does work through these doctor's hands, I worked in a Cardiac Surgery unit where patients would get heart transplants and some who were even hooked up to the artificial hearts while they waited for a heart transplant. Those who received their new hearts, were the most grateful people I have ever taken care of. Yes, God does exist and I see it everytime someone comes out of a sucessful surgery.
    Cheers,
    Trupti

    ReplyDelete
  14. yea! ur addicted to television!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. U r right. so right. damn right. So whaz left? ..an invitation 2 visit my blog, give your valuable comment n b my friend. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool yaar...u can watch nice TV shows! I get no time to watch TV!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anitha_at_heart11 March 2006 at 21:14

    hi. i am new to ur blog.. u have posted some great ones here... this one is good too... thankx for reminding me of some of the wonderful people on earth

    ReplyDelete
  18. "Beauty is skin deep,
    Ugly is to the bone.
    Beauty fades away,
    But ugly hangs on."

    A wonderful writeup on the program. Thx 4 putting it up here.

    May GOD work thru ur hands too... and yes HE is!

    GOD bless & be with U & Urs to the end of ages...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I AM SO SORRY, THAT I WASNT MYSELF FOR PAST5-6 DAYS, AND DIDNT EVEN OPNE MY MACHINE, TILL NOW...AND THE COMMENTS I HAVE OUND HERE HAS LIFTED MY SPIRIT UP, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH SO THAT, I FEEL THAT I CAN WRITE AGAIN, PUSHING ASIDE ALL MY PERSONAL PROBLEMS FOR A WHILE.......
    THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE COMMENTATORS HERE............
    YOU REALLY DONT KNOW, YOU JUST LIFTED UP A SOULD FROM A SINKING SHIP!!!!!!
    LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey, don't sink, stay a float!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey, just wanted to wish u good luck for ur interview..

    ReplyDelete
  22. good luck for your interview

    ReplyDelete
  23. ...................................long time No see ....!

    ReplyDelete
  24. RYC: I'll be expecting to see a lot more from you then. ;-) Good luck with the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A personal request. I am posting it here coz I cant send u message. Delete it If u neeed. :)
    Hi,
    my yahoo id i used to blog - theexperthand- got hijacked from me. So, please remove that id from ur friends and favourites list, and add this ID if you are intrested to keep in touch with me :)
    aNoop aka -xh-

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, but they were fairies... dressed up for Halloween (not sure if you're familiar with the "holiday" here)... but then again my kids are always dressing up no matter what day it is. LOL I'll post some of their pics for you too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Babies born to such ignorant and careless illiterate people and then left to live life like that! Agonizingly pathetic. I think those who commit too much sins, instead of keeping them in 'hell' sort of thing, maybe God sends them to be born with such parents!

    ReplyDelete
  28. swathi, congratulations and celebrations on your clearing interview and getting selected.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i recall a joke in news paper, once a doctor got trouble in his car engine, and went to a mechanic. he while reparing it says to doc that, he is equally great like a doc because he is reparing cars heart(engine) as a cardiac do. doctor smiles and says, but we do it when it is running. now it is the turn of mechanic to open his mouth.
    medicine, the noblest proffesion, they need logic lik lawers and enggineering skills like engineers, etc, god in a single dress.or many proffessionals in a single body. i honour them and that profession a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  30. see my page, even i am adicted to this biography, Oh I was that Indra Ghandi's one...Seriously A Woman.

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...