Wednesday 30 May 2007

My niece- date of entry- April4,2007

Shail aunty’s blog on her niece inspired me to write this. Actually I was planning to write this since last month. As I have mentioned earlier, I have a very close cousin, (whom I thought was really my sister, till I was 6 or 7 yrs old).



And now on April 4, 2007, she gave birth to a baby girl. Actually she was way due the proposed delivery date. In fact she was admitted to hospital one week before and was shuttling in and out of labour room, because the baby didn’t want to come outside, even after a number of shots for inducing pain.

I used to call her twice a day, and finally she told me “Chechi, I just want this baby to come out, some how. This child is teasing me even before its birth”.

And you know what happened?

We Hindus have a custom of looking forward to the star(constellations) in which new-borns come into this world. Now my cousin had her first labour inducing shot on Sunday. The star was “atham” (aka Hasta). So, we all thought the baby’s star will be “atham”. But she didn’t deliver.
Another shot on Monday – she didn’t deliver, star on that day was again “atham”.
Another shot on Tuesday – she didn’t deliver, star was “chithra”

On Tuesday evening I told her, “You know, why this baby is not coming. It’s because it is waiting for my star - chothi, which falls on Wednesday. Baby will come tomorrow.”

Next day, “chithra” ended on 11:20 am. She gave birth to a baby girl (contradicting scan results of being a boy!) at 11:30 am, to be born on my star “chothi” aka swati.

Now, my cousin says, she knows why the delivery got delayed by one week. And she very well remembers how I created difficult times to my mom, when I was young (and even now!). She told me innocently “Chechi you are right. I think this daughter of mine will give me tough times, just like you did to Valiamma(my mom)”

He…he…he…. And I laugh my heart out! And who is laughing more - my own mom!!

Rumour is that she told my cousin that she can give her valuable tips on “How to raise a girl born on “chothi” and still be sane!”

This is Divyashree:
DOB: April 4, 2007
Star: swati (chothi)
Job: Making her mom loose her marbles, by refusing to stop crying 24*7.
Results: Our neighbours who even saw us (sis and me) grow up say, that they haven’t seen this kind of cry-baby as long as they could remember.












18 comments:

  1. Chooooooooooooooooo Chweeeeeeeeeeet......................God bless her!!!Welcome to the world Divyashree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!!! FTC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, she's so sweet....

    heartfelt wishes from another Swati (though I m not born under the star) ... just for the namesake.. he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohhhhh...... cutie... cutie... chutie chutie choooooo.....

    I LOVE BABIES... Divyashree... is a real cutie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hai she is soooooooo cute....
    and so as her name divyashree...

    Kissiii to her .... God Bless her....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweeeeeet sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet sweeeeeet li'l babyyyyyyyyyy.
    Divyashree, that's a lovely name. My blessings and best wishes.
    God bless her.

    Thanks for sharing this Chothiiiiiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweetie babay :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. vavili vavooooooooo mammuchooooooooo chooooo chweet... awww kannu padenda..... ummah to sunnari kutty. she will also turn into a cutie gal like Swat :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is some thing to happen. you must be pleased yes. Much wishes for the little one and her mum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The baby is so so so sooooooooo cute....:D

    And one more good thing...you fills lots of colors in your posts (colors of happiness and joy).

    One more thing...I don't agree, this baby crries 24x7...see how calm she is :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwwwwww..this kiddu is sooooooooooooo cute and looking such a pretty girl in peach and surely I can see u in her...and surely she would be pretty like you are ;).

    Congratulations to your sister on having such an adorable daughter. God bless her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats for becoming a aunty. Now you would be all the more excited to visit India?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats for being an aunt!!! I am sure she will have an ally in you and you will e solely responsible for pampering her :)

    And I love babies... They are so cute. If thw cost (emotional, physical, economical) was not so high for raising them, I would have had one every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. chweeeeeeet baby & a really sweet name to!!! kisses to her & all the best wishes!!!

    (((hugs)))
    rekhz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww... cho chweet... I liked the first pic. The one in which she is having a kalla lakshanam! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh swati maybe I need to get some tips from your mom tooo.....you know my lil princess is a "Chothi girl":)
    Anyway congrats for being "valiyamma"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Babies....I love them...She is so cute..God Bless Her....Congrats for being Aunt...

    ReplyDelete
  18. rajasree: thanks dear! (on behalf of her mom and dad!)

    pinx: thank you
    anooj: yes, she is a cutie, right?

    rinku: God bless her!

    thomas: May God bless her will all the peace and love!

    anoop: she is a sweetie, isnt it>?

    babs: kunjuvava alle?

    santu: thanks! (on their behalf!)

    vishal: thanks vishal..i would love to do that always! they snapped some 50 photos only 4 came nice...so, u know, how "calm" she is!!!!

    amrita: ***pretty like me*** i hope not...her mom and dad are really good looking!

    raj: ofcourse, she must be a reason for me to visit india!

    sabiha: i am sure she will have an ally in me... i hope i wont spoil her! :-))

    rekhz: thanks dear!!!

    ashwathy: u r only one (apart form her mom ) who commented on her "kallalakshanam". even I missed it! u have great skills in seeing the most invisible.!


    vani: yea, i was thinking abt u, when my cousin told me abt it... for your baby its sept 16 and chothi! God---sooooo closeee!
    ammayodu parayam.... she may say "ayyo"!!!! LOL.....

    anu: God bless them! thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

The diary of a working mommy....

Ok, this is about the woes of being a working mommy. Now before other mommies who work at home abuse me, I want to make myself clear that wh...